Chapter 6: Moonstone, Mirrors, and Mothers, Oh My!

"She's gonna be so pissed when she wakes up."

A grinning Catra stood between Adora and Glimmer, the three of them watching over Zip within the Moon Stone chamber.

"I don't see why she would be," Adora replied. "We had no choice but to teleport. She fainted on us."

"I wasn't talking about that," Catra poked the knocked-out girl on the forehead. I mean, yeah, she might get a little angry over the teleporting thing, but as soon as she learns that she actually glowed when the recharge started, she'll throw a fit! You know, because she's all, 'I'm not princessy or cute blah blah blah.' It's gonna be great.'

"You would find that amusing," Adora muttered.

Although Glimmer could hear the conversations, her mind was reeling too much with worry to respond.

"Hey, she'll be all right," Adora told her with a comforting shoulder squeeze. "You used to always feel better after a recharge, so she will, too!"

Glimmer sat next to her sister, only partially comforted by Adora's words.

"I hope so. I was a little worried she might have lost all connection to the stone, but it seems her body is taking to it well. Oh man, mom's gonna freak when she sees this."

"In a good way, though," Adora promised. "There's no way she'd be upset."

"Oh, I know that, but like us, she was only expecting some clues. Not her actual daughter."

"If anyone's gonna flip a lid, it's Zip." Catra slunk down and lay on the floor with a yawn. "She'll take one look at the queen and lose it."

"She might not," Adora countered, trying to stay positive. "Especially since she can't remember."

"Oh please, did you see the way she reacted when Glimmer called her Rose?" Catra asked. "She didn't like it at all, and I've seen how Zip gets when Glimmer's nearby. She's harsher to her more than she is to the rest of us, and Sparkles is just the sister. Imagine how she'll be when she faces the woman who gave birth to her."

The three sat in silence, the truth of that statement ringing in Glimmer's ears. When she first learned that Rose was still alive, she dreamt up a million scenarios on how the reunification would be. They were always so heartfelt and tearful, and she had pictured the two of them and her mom joyously reliving old memories while making new ones. The last thing she expected was to find her sister without her memories. She didn't plan for that, and with the girl being so hard to get through to, Glimmer had no clue on how to proceed moving forward.

"Hey, don't look so glum."

Glimmer glanced up at Catra as she spoke.

"I'm not being negative; I'm just being realistic. Zip's probably gonna have some issues, but I'm sure she'll get over them with time."

"So, you don't think she hates me?" Glimmer asked.

Adora shook her head.

"No way. I don't think she hates anyone. She's just scared, and can we blame her? She's been pulled from the only home she knew and into another one full of people who can remember her from a young age while she can't remember anything. Add that to the fact that she's clearly not a fan of families, and you've got one confused, frightened kid. Give her some time, and I'm sure she'll be able to ease up with both you and the queen. Speaking of your mom, shouldn't Bow be back by now?"

As if on cue, the archer came jogging up the stairs to the chamber.

"Sorry! I'm here!"

"Bow!"