The unintended step

Chapter 19 

"I'm curious..." started Lance in an annoying tone that Keith knew was going to end up pissing him off.

It was early on a Saturday morning and the three roommates were in the kitchen as Hunk prepared breakfast before his busy shift.

Lance was sitting next to the Asian, casually scrolling through his phone in boredom as he waited for the food to be done and Keith was losing his mind as he scribbled a pen across a sheet of paper.

His scheduling wasn't adding up like he needed it to which in return was driving him insane.

-Pidge got off at eight that night.

-The guys at the shop were in agreement to clear out by seven.

-She was off the next day to give them some time to settle after he told her... everything.

-Their regular Chinese order had been made and would be picked up by Shiro at eight thirty and dropped off at her door.

-His last customer was picking up their bike at five.

All was perfect, except one thing...one of the side mirror replacements came in broken and wouldn't be arriving at the shop until seven. That didn't give him enough time to install it before he needed to leave to pick her up.

which meant he needed someone else to do it.

"When I asked you if your plan was a five year plan, did you take it into consideration as an idea or what? Because you are taking an awfully long time to tell her," Lance finished with a smirk.

Keith glared at him. There the Cuban went, pissing him off. "It hasn't been that long."

He chuckled in bewilderment, "Are you kidding me?! It's February 1st, dude. This is a plan that has been in motion for four months."

"Lance, leave Keith alone," Hunk warned gently from the stove. "He can tell her at his own pace."

"Hopefully, before we are all six feet under."

"Keep talking and that'll be soon for you."

"At least something will be because your plan sure isn't."

The mechanic slammed his pen down and narrowed his eyes at his roommate, "Why does it bother you so much?! Is it that hard for you to keep your mouth shut for this long?"

"Yes!" Lance yelled back but not out of anger. Childlike excitement lit up his features. He always loved when he could get a rise out of the Asian. Lance was the fucking embodiment of younger sibling energy. "For the love of god, it's killing me watching you dance around her without actually doing anything and it sucks even more that she doesn't know why you're doing it!"

"No one said you had to watch."

"Where's the fun in that?"

He was going to kill him. He would never get the chance to tell Pidge because he was going to be in prison for murder. "Shut up, Lance."

The Cuban snickered but let it go. "What are you doing anyway?" he asked as Hunk placed eggs on his plate.

"Not that it's any of your business.." the mechanic began. His tone was tense but his expression lightened once he was certain his roommate was done messing around with him. "I...plan on telling her... tonight."

The fork stopped mid way to his roommate's mouth as Hunk stopped shoveling food from the pan onto his own dish. "Wait, really?" the florist asked, as Lance's mouth was too busy hanging open.