Chapter 1: Into the Depths

After recent events, the girls split up

After recent events, the girls split up. Given their current situation, it was better if each of them took some time off by themselves to process everything.

Jiwoo and Kyujin ran off together to mend their broken thoughts and emotions.
Sullyoon was left to deal with different versions of herself fighting to be in control.
Lily became a completely different person from who she was, blasting a distorted sound.
Bae took it upon herself to find the courage they lost while the others were recovering.
And of course, the captain. Haewon had isolated herself.

She lived day by day in her room, living everyday the same. Wake up, eat, sleep, repeat. She lived every day in guilt... Why? The captain always goes down with the ship. It was a guilt that got heavier and heavier the more she believed it was her fault. Wake up, eat, sleep, repeat. Her room slowly warped into chaos. Glasses of water were scattered across the floor. Obsessive sketches and scribbles were seen on every existing piece of paper. The charcoal strokes only made out a circle drawn over and over again.

Someone once said that the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Haewon had run the incident a hundred times over in her head, but there was nothing you can do to change something that had entered the past. Every rewind only chipped off more and more of her sanity. Soon enough, her mental state had worsened to the point where she couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. Her reflection in the mirror no longer looked like her, and the appearance of her meals deceived her. She woke up, wasted her day, and prepared the meal that would become her last supper. She sat down and vigorously cut into her meal. The knife slammed into her food out of frustration and hostility. After shortly composing herself, Haewon brought the bite to her lips. Instead, she was met with the taste of leather. A hand had covered her mouth, muffling her scream. A sharp jab pushed deep into her neck, and she collapsed.

Each girl had received a call detailing coordinates for a meetup, and each girl gathered themselves up to finally see each other again

Each girl had received a call detailing coordinates for a meetup, and each girl gathered themselves up to finally see each other again. One by one, each of the girls arrived at sunrise. They embraced each other full of emotion, as it had been three days since the loss of their vessel and their separation. As they talked and caught up with each other, they realized an odd absence. The five of them were called to meet up, but the caller was absent. They were left to wonder why they were gathered in the first place. Amidst the concern, a figure approached from the shadows.

"You're late, Haewon," Jiwoo called out with a concerned tone.

"Sorry for the wait," Haewon said calmly. "We have a lot to discuss."