Chapter 2: Vitals

Within one of the numerous abandoned buildings that surrounded the area, the girls set up headquarters and began to brainstorm ways to move forward. Their main goal was to reach the perfect unknown imaginary world known to them as "MIXXTOPIA", but due to recent events they were stuck in the reality, known as "FIELD". During the discussion, Sullyoon pulled Haewon aside into a separate room.

"Hey, how are you feeling? Are you doing okay?" Sullyoon asked.

Haewon replied, "Yeah, why?"

"Well, considering what happened I just wanted to check up on you, including what's up here," Sullyoon said as she pointed to Haewon's head. "I would like to know how you've been feeling since the last three days, so please, take a seat."

"Sullyoon, I'm feeling perfectly fine. I don't need a checkup," Haewon insisted.

"Please, it's for your own good." As Sullyoon was about to inspect Haewon's eyes with her flashlight, Haewon grabbed her hand. Sullyoon winced; the grip was tight.

"Haewon–!" The flashlight dropped to the ground.

"I told you. I'm fine."

"Have you not felt any guilt? Any remorse? Because our ship sank!" The words surprised even Sullyoon herself. She never raised her voice at anyone, let alone Haewon.

"No," Haewon replied.

"No?" Sullyoon started. "What do you mean no–"

"Because it never sank."

Sullyoon was utterly confused with the words that came out of Haewon's mouth. She recalled the horrifying event. She remembered seeing the green flames eating away at the tilted ship. The ship sinking was inevitable, for they had left it vulnerable to their enemies. The captain looked up at her with a subtle smirk. Sullyoon couldn't respond.

"It never sank, Sullyoon. I know you think that we'll never be able to set sail again, but that's not true," Haewon tightened her grip. "Our ship will return. I've found a way."

She pulled Sullyoon closer and whispered in her ear.

"You just have to trust me."

Fe2O3: ALERTजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें