Things get worse (somehow)

Haunted (Taylor's Version)

Taylor Swift

——————————🐾💜🐾——————————

I felt myself snuggle in my blanket. I started to slowly come back to reality. I didn't have a pillow, but I didn't mind. I was exhausted. I hadn't slept at all last night, and I needed this. I started to blink my eyes open, and I found the co-pilot seat in front of me Oh shit! I fell asleep!

I groaned as I tried to wake myself up. As much as I didn't want to leave Lloyd driving by himself, I just couldn't find a way to stand up. I heard someone chuckle in the distance. I cursed at myself. I wasn't supposed to fall asleep.

"Morning sleepy head," Lloyd said from the pilot seat. I covered my head with my blanket. I growled. I'm not a morning person. It only made Lloyd laugh harder.

"I wasn't supposed to fall asleep!" I said, but it probably sounded more like a muffled complaint. Lloyd was still laughing. "What's so funny?!" I said moving the blanket from my face. The cold made its way to my nose. I covered my nose with the blanket. I smelled it. Oh, it smells so good!

"What's funny is how grumpy you get as soon as you wake up," Lloyd answered. I buried my head deeper into the blanket and growled once more. He laughed AGAIN!

"Told you, I'm not a morning person," I said in between a groan as I tried to stand up. I made my way into a sitting position, but I couldn't maintain it. I leaned on the window for comfort. I used the blanket as a pillow.

"I don't know if 9 pm counts as morning," he said. I started to drift back to sleep when my mind counted the hours.

"I've been asleep for 5 hours!!!" I said and finally came back to reality.

"Welcome back to Ninjago." He said as he realized I was finally awake. I side-eyed him. "Dam, still grumpy."

"I hate you," I said, but for once it sounded like I didn't mean it.

"Likewise, princess." I rolled my eyes. Wait, how did I end up in the back?

"You moved me back here?" I asked. I nodded. "Why?"

"I'm gonna be honest you looked kind of dead this morning. I could tell you hadn't slept, and you needed a peaceful sleep for once." I didn't know what to answer. We both knew why I hadn't slept. Nightmares came with the job of being a hero. If I went to a therapist, she would probably have to book me for the rest of her life. And that was me who had been a ninja for about 2 months. I couldn't imagine Lloyd.

"Thanks," I said. He looked back and smiled. Like a genuine smile. Not an 'I smile because I'm nice, but U want to kill your smile'. My nose was still cold. I took the blanket and covered my nose with it. It was warm and it smelled like life. I didn't know how to explain it.

"What are you doing?" Lloyd asked looking at them through the mirror.

"My nose is cold," I grumbled. "And the blanket is warm." Lloyd laughed out loud. Can he stop making fun of me?!

"I wouldn't consider my sweater a blanket but at least it kept you warm while you slept, so it can fall into the category." My eyes widened. I looked at the blanket. I did know it was green, but then I found a hoodie. I'VE BEEN HUGGING LLOYD'S SWEATER THIS WHOLE TIME?! I threw it to the other side of the car. My face was red. I covered my face with my hands.

'Earth swallows me now.' I pleaded silently. I considered praying to Cole to see if he could hear me.

"Princess, we're almost here so I would be considering starting to prepare yourself." He said. I made my way to the front. I left the sweater in the back.