Fame Comes With A Price

"Thank you again Alexis for making me that sandwich. I'm glad my elder brother has a friend like you around." Levi says as he hands Alexis his plate before she cleans it and puts it away.

"You're welcome Levi and I'm glad Luke is my friend too. Speaking of Luke I wonder if he ever settled on his song?" Alexis says.

"Who wants Flippees? I'll drive." Mr. Loud says as everyone but Alexis and Luke head towards the door.

"Luke are you and your friend coming?" Mrs. Loud asks as she looks at Alexis and Luke.

"You guys go without me. I've got a contest to win." Luke says excitedly as he runs upstairs.

"Well that's a better attitude than earlier. Glad he finally decided on his song." Alexis says as she chuckles.

"Well what about you Alexis? Want to come?" Mrs. Loud asks as she looks at Alexis.

"Nah. I gotta head home. Thank you anyway Mrs. Loud." Alexis says as she smiles.

"You're welcome sweetie." Mrs. Loud says before she leaves as Alexis heads to the top of the stairs.

"Luke I'm heading out. You gonna be good from here?" Alexis asks.

"Definitely! Thanks again for hanging with me!" Luke shouts from his room.

"No problem. Good luck!" Alexis shouts.

"Thanks!" Luke shouts as Alexis smiles and shakes her head before leaving.

*Timeskip*

"Thanks again Alexis for helping me with my homework." Links says as Alexis is helping her with homework in the floor while the other Loud siblings are watching TV.

"Not a problem. Besides Luke said he'd find out today if his song got chosen so at least this way I can be here for the news." Alexis says before everyone hears Luke scream as he then comes running into the room.

"I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!" Luke shouts excitedly.

"In what?" Loni asks.

"America's Next Hitmaker! I just got an email saying my song made it to the top five!" Luke shouts happily as everyone runs over and hugs him.

"See? I told you that you had nothing to worry about." Alexis says happily.

"We knew you could do it!" Loni shouts.

"Is it the song you've been playing for the last couple of days?" Linka asks.

"Play it loud, play it loud. I got no time for turning it down." Loni, Lynn, Leif and Lexx say in union.

"Actually I submitted a different one." Luke says.

"Why? What was wrong with your other song?" Alexis asks in surprise.

"Nothing dudette. I just really want to win this contest. So I needed a new song the whole world would dig. Not just one that me and a few people would dig." Luke says.

"Well looks like you nailed it. Way to dominate." Lynn says as he chest bumps Luke to the floor.

"Thanks dude but watch the diaphragm. I still got to sing." Luke says as he gets up.

*Timeskip*

"Hey Lexx." Loni says as a person dressed in a pop rock outfit with a wig says as they later walk through the door.

"Dude it's me. Luke." The boy says as everyone gasps.

"Learn to take a compliment." Lexx says as he gives an annoyed look.

"Luke what happened to you? Why do you look like a totally different person?" Alexis asks.

"Yeah. What happened?" Linka asks.

"Nothing. The producers just made a few tweaks." Luke says.

"A few tweaks? You are literally unrecognizable." Loki says.

"Give me a break dude." Luke says annoyedly as Mrs. Loud and Mr. Loud walk into the room.

"Oh hi. Rita Loud. You must be one of Loki's friends." Mrs. Loud says kindly.

"Mom it's Luke." Lane says as Mrs. Loud and Mr. Loud gasp in surprise.

"Chill guys. Sometimes in the music industry you gotta play the game to get the fame." Luke says annoyedly as he goes upstairs before Alexis follows him into his room.

"Luke I want to talk to you." Alexis says.

"What now? It's just a few changes." Luke asks as he looks at Alexis.

"A few? Luke have you even looked at yourself? You look like an older rock version of Lexx." Alexis says.

"So?" Luke asks annoyedly.

"So? Luke you look nothing like yourself. I'm your best friend and I didn't even recognize you." Alexis says in surprise.

"You don't understand. I have to do this if I want the fame." Luke says annoyedly.

"But is the fame worth changing yourself for? You shouldn't change yourself so others will like you. This isn't the real you." Alexis says in surprise.

"Says the girl who hides herself as a human except around me and my fam." Luke says coldly.

"Excuse me?" Alexis asks angrily.

"You don't have any room to talk. You constantly hide your wolf form because you're afraid of what people will think. So what's so different about me changing myself so people will like my music? I'm doing this by choice. You do it from fear." Luke says angrily.

"You know what? Fine. I'm done. You want to parade as someone you're not then fine. But don't expect me to support it." Alexis says as she glares at Luke.

"What do you mean?" Luke asks curiously.

"I mean you're doing this without me. I don't want to speak to you anymore Luke if this is how you're gonna act." Alexis says angrily.

"Fine then." Luke says.

"Fine." Alexis says as she leaves and heads down the stairs.

"Hey Alexis where you going?" Loni asks.

"Away from Luke." Alexis says angrily.

"What happened?" Lars asks.

"Hey are you okay?" Leif asks as he notices Alexis is about to cry.

"No I'm not okay. Luke just poked some nerves and said some things he knows I'm sensitive about. He knew better than to say those things and did it anyway. Well if he doesn't care about the consequences of him changing himself like this then so be it. I'm not going to stand and watch this. I'm going home. I'll see you guys later." Alexis says as she sniffles and leaves.