A Mega Surprise

After meeting up with clemont and bonnie Ash and the group wasted no time heading back through Lumiose City and towards Cyllage City. Clemont shows off Clembot who is fully capable of handling the gym now. Also Ash tells Clemont that he's going to follow the four badge limit even though he got rid of it and now anyone can request a gym battle.

On their way to the city of rocks and fossils, they stopped by the Battle Mansion. They got to meet Grant, the Cyllage City gym leader, and watch him battle equally ranked Viola. After an intense battle which the bug type user won with a lucky gust of wind, Grant asked her out in front of everyone.

The blonde was shocked but happy to hear that her darker skinned friend had similar feelings. So the feel good end to the brief stop on their journey got them all even more motivated to succeed in their future endeavours.

That momentum sure did carry on for Ash. Pikachu decides to get in on the action this time along with Froakie. The water type's type advantage helped him through the first battle but Grant's Tyrunt proved that Froakie still has a ways to go before becoming a headliner on the team. Pikachus had more luck however and his connection with Ash showed greatly. When a Pokémon doesn't show any hesitation to Ash's crazy idea you know it has been with him a long time.

Now a cliff badge fills the second spot in his badge case. And it didn't take much time for Ash and company to make their way towards gym number three.

Shalour City is an example of how city structures are being changed to accommodate higher populations as well as making everything more accessible. The part of the city on the mainland is home to a majority of Shalour and is composed of simple brick houses that would fit in with any village.

A sand walkway extends from the city out into the ocean and towards an isialnd. This walkway is the only way to the island and is often covered by the tide so it keeps the historical building more secretive. It's a basic castle structure but has been redone to accommodate the Shalour City gym.

The gym leader is a young energetic girl who is currently on a special journey with her Lucario. You'll learn more about her soon enough.

And so Ash is now talking to the gym leader's grandfather.

"So where is the gym leader off to?" Asked Ash to grukinn

"Well korrina is my granddaughter, she has gone on a journey to find a lucarionite" answered grukinn

"A lucarionite?" Wondered Ash softly

"What is that?" Asked Serena

"Well a lucarionite is a special stone which when combined with a key stone can help lucario mega evolve" said grukinn

"Wow mega evolution" clemont said in amazement

"Why yes it is an extra stage of temporary evolution that certain Pokemon go through by their bond with their trainer to become even more powerful" said grukinn

"So Mr grukinn do you have a Pokemon that can mega evolve?" Asked clemont

"Well I certainly do have a Pokemon that can do it" answered grukinn

"Can you show it to us, pretty please" said bonnie giving him her infamous puppy eyes

*Sweatdrops* "well I suppose there isn't any harm in it" said grukinn

"Yay!! Did you hear that dedenne we are going to see mega evolution"shouted bonnie excitedly to dedenne

Meanwhile Ash was observing all this in silence thinking about his own Pokemon and if he should show it to them

They then went towards the battlefield to witness grukinn's Pokemon mega evolve

"Oh i forgot to ask, what Pokemon are you mega evolving?" Asked clemont again