Chapter-( 561) What is the difference in a wise and an ignorant person?

( 561)

What is the difference in a knowledgeable wise and an ignorant person?

केलेषितं पतति प्रेषितं मनः केन प्राणः प्रथमः प्रैति युक्तः।

केनेषितां वाचमिमां वदन्ति चक्षुः श्रोत्रं क उ देवो युनक्ति।।

A Sadhak wants to know who inspires our mind to entertain senses? Who inspires Pran to move on breathlessly? Who inspires speech of a person? Who inspires ears to listen and eyes to see? Who is the controller of my body, mind, chitt and Why I could not see him with my eyes, cannot listen to him with my ears, cannot touch with my hands, cannot scent his footsteps in air or cannot taste nectar of his mercy and only enjoy everything automatically as a blessed human child of Paramatma?

Shastras say to abandon everything and have control over senses but how could I know or see Paramatma ? It is not easy to understand because I with my physical body cannot see him or listen to him but I know it is only because of his presence within my body, my eyes see and ears listen to various sound and without his presence I will remain no more

यदि मन्यसे सु वेदेति दभ्रमेवापि नूनं त्वं वेत्थ ब्रह्मणो रुपं यदस्य

त्वं यदस्य देवेष्वथ नु मीमांस्यमेव ते मन्ये विदितम् ।।

If a Sadhak thinks that I know the real Swaroop of Paramatma, he knows very little about him, But a wise would agree that he knows nothing about Brahm because he knows only about whatever is written in Vedas and Shastras and they say NETI NETI -This is not HE.. this is not HE.. It means that nobody can describe his Virat Swaroop. So, it is said

असितगिरिसमं स्यात् कज्जलं सिन्धुपात्रे सुरतरुवरशाखा लेखनीं पत्रम् उर्वी।

लिखति यदि गृहीत्वा शारदा सर्वकालं तदपि तव गुणानाम् पारं न याति।

Different Upanishad describe Swaroop of Brahm. Bruhad Upanishad describe Brahm as a Swaroop of science of eternal ecstasy विज्ञानमानन्दं ब्रह्म (बृ.उप. ३-९-२८and ) विज्ञानघन एव(बृ.उप. २-४-१२) treasure of happiness While Taitariya Upanishad describe Brahm as endless knowledge सत्यं ज्ञानमनन्तं ब्रह्म (तै.उप. २-१-१) while Aitariya Upanishad describe him as PRAGYA. प्रज्ञानं ब्रह्म (ए.उप. ३-५)

It means that, those who claim to know him know nothing about him but who does not try to know him with the help of mind and intellect but just surrenders with all his body and senses, mind, intellect, Chitt and pride to his authority, accepts his supremacy over the universe and seek shelter as a child seeks mother's lap for peace and fathers hug for fearlessness being humble can be blessed with complete knowledge of Brahm .

When a Sadhak understands that to think this perishable body and senses as his property, he creates bondage with Sansar. A Sadhak understands that before his birth, Paramatma has arranged food for him in mother's breast and without his knowledge ,Paramatma is maintaining his growth ad development of physical and mental body and controls all the system as respiration and blood circulation ,digestion even when he is sleeping. Then to think ourselves as a doer of everything is foolishness. When a person thinks that I am a doer of all the happenings in my life, it is a sign of his pride and ego and this ego with trio virtues of Satva, Rajas and Tamas create bondage by involving him in various activities .So, he should abandon his pride and ego as described in Vivek Chudamani by Aadi Shankaracharyji

अहंकारः स विज्ञेयः कर्ता भोक्ताङभिमान्ययम्।

सत्वादिगुणयोगेन चावस्थात्रयमश्रुते- (विवेक चूडामणि- १०६)

When a person gets his desired things, he feels satisfaction and thinks himself a happy man. When things go against his desires, he becomes unhappy. So, these joys and sorrows are characteristics of a Pride and ego nurtured by our Rajas and Tamas virtues, they are not the characteristics of a soul.

The confusion about truth and untruth of this visible universe creates dilemma. A Sadhak remains in confusion of what is real and what is unreal or illusion? As Paramatma has given senses to see the outer world he seeks Paramatma outside his body and not inside his miraculous body. Further the world is visible and Paramatma is hidden inside remains invisible '

ज्ञूढेउ सत्य जाहि बिनु जाने।

जिमि भुजंग बिनु रजु पहिचाने।।

Until a Sadhak is blessed with true knowledge, he would consider string or rope for a snake and could not recognize a rope in his original form. When Satva virtue increases, a person can know Parmatma's real Swaroop. But when Rajas is on the top of his mind, it would create a bondage for a Sadhak because he would attract all the Vikars -negative elements towards him.

कामः क्रोधो लोभदम्भाद्यसूयाहङ्कारेर्ष्यामत्सराद्यास्तु घोराः ।

धर्मा एते राजसाः पुम्प्रवृत्तिर्यस्मादेषा तद्रजो बन्धहेतुः।।

Because, passion, anger, greed envy, hypocrisy to see others 'fault I everything, nurturing pride and ego are children of Rajas virtues. When Tamas envelops his mind, a Sadhak could not see anything clearly. He could not understand what is good for him and what he should avoid. This cover of ignorance is a product of Tamas virtue results in laziness, idleness, too much sleep and total ignorance.

Developing Satva inspires a Sadhak in Yam ,Niyama ,faith and devotion to Paramatma , he becomes eager to know his own Swaroop as a part of Paramatma and the ways and methods through which he could attain Param Pad ad Param Dham of Paramtma but when Rajas develops ,he wants to accumulate everything for the Satisfaction of his senses and remains busy in various kinds of activities. He would not concentrate on Paramatma and when Tamas envelops his mind, he remains under the illusion of Maya and spend his time and energy in all the negative and destructive activities. Hence, it is not about who can attain Paramatma, it is about when and how can a Sadhak attains liberation. So, the explanation goes on as; a Sadhak can see his own Swaroop when he is able to control his Rajas and Tamas nature and remain in the mode of Satvik Kriya only. Secondly, a Sadhak should understand that without the guidance of a Guru and grace of God, he could never be able to understand the real Swaroop of Paramatma. Because as we know, since the birth of universe Rishi, Muni and Saints try to understand the eternal Swaroop of Paramatma and in the end they cannot describe him in words and surrender with the words NETI NETI. A Sadhak should know that it is not easy to know him but it is easy to Surrender to his authority and love him as a creator, savior and protector – the ultimate source of ecstasy.

Because even a Sadhak after studying all the Vedas and Shastras cannot understand Paramatma's Swaroop before death. He has to take birth abandoning his previous Sthula Sharir and taking with him his Sukshma and Karam Sharir into another body which he has created by his own Karma ,following Satva, Rajas or Tamas virtues and habits following them accordingly. No Satva, Rajas or Tamas stay in a person's mind forever permanently. The wheel of Sansar goes on moving . All the three actions of death, rebirth in another body and entertaining senses frequently in various bodies are different but Jivatma is the same in all the three situations of body wakening, sleep and dream. Everybody knows this and still they behave like ignorant persons so they are described as MUDHATMA. Only Yogi can experience this state of Jivatma in different phases but an ignorant person cannot experience this unification of Jivatma and Paramatma, So, only a knowledgeable person can attain the real ecstasy in the company of Paramatma whenever and wherever he dwells. So, it becomes difficult for a person to accept that what he can see in the world is a illusion and unreal and what he cannot see who is invisible is a real Paramatma. So, let us surrender to our great God ad Jagat Guru Lord Shri Krishna to awaken our consciousness, Om Tat Sat...Shri Krishnarpanmastu...