Chapter 44

The next day, we decided to head to the beach with our college friends: Alexandra, Mia, Nathan, and Liam's friends Erin and Aiden. It was a perfect day for some fun in the sun, and we were all eager to soak up the rays and enjoy each other's company. As we arrived at the beach, the sound of crashing waves and the salty sea breeze filled the air, setting the stage for a memorable day ahead. We spread out our towels and beach gear,ready to make the most of our time together. 

Liam's praise warmed my heart as he complimented me, saying, "Angel, the bikini looks so good on you." I couldn't resist teasing him a little, so I responded with a playful smirk, "Are you saying I look good in the bikini, or is the bikini just good?" Liam chuckled at my playful banter, realizing my intention, and replied with a grin, "Both, of course. But it's mostly you making it look amazing."

As we lounged on the beach, soaking in the sun's warmth, Aiden couldn't help but notice the bandaid on Liam's shoulder. "What happened to your shoulder, Li?" he inquired with a curious expression.

Liam grinned mischievously and cast a playful glance in my direction before responding, "Oh, that? My dog here decided to give me a playful nibble yesterday. I guess I should consider putting a leash on her."

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't suppress a smirk at his teasing. "Well, you shouldn't have provoked the beast," I quipped, earning a laugh from our friends.

Aiden chuckled, shaking his head. "Note to self: never mess with Rebecca's bite."

Mia, always one to join in on the fun, chimed in, "Hey, if Liam's going to be walking around with bite marks, we might need to start calling him 'Liam the Brave."

Liam feigned offense, but his eyes twinkled with amusement. "Hey now, watch it, or you'll all be getting a visit from the bite patrol." 

We all laughed, enjoying the easy camaraderie of our group. The sound of waves crashing against the shore provided a soothing backdrop to our playful banter, and for that moment, all was right in the world. 

As I lay on my stomach, soaking in the warmth of the sun, Liam began applying sunscreen to my back. I couldn't resist a mischievous glance in Nathan's direction, so I slipped off my sunglasses and playfully remarked, "Oh Nathan, you're looking hot today." 

Before I could react, a sharp sting landed on my butt, courtesy of Liam. "Hey!" I protested, shooting him a playful glare. 

"I'll bite you back," I threatened, giving his hand a playful nibble.

"Looks like these two can't keep their hands off each other," Alexandra teased, her eyes dancing with amusement.

Erin, ever the joker, added with a grin, "Thank goodness I'm flying solo. I don't think I could handle all those love bites." 

"Don't you dare spank me again Liam," I said. 

As Liam playfully scolded me for flirting, a hint of possessiveness laced his tone. "You know better than to flirt with other guys, Angel," he teased, his eyes dancing with amusement. 

I couldn't resist a playful comeback, feigning indignation. "Oh, so now I'm Angel again, huh?" I retorted, shooting him a mock glare.Our friends laughed at our banter, enjoying the playful dynamic between us.