Chapter 9 | Will you be my girlfriend?

"I know you wrote the confession for Mandy."

"Do you really have to call me out like that..?

Emz and Chester stood behind the school just after classes ended, Emz couldn't stand the slow burn happening between them, and wanted answers from Chester himself!

Mandy told her friends about the night of the dance, and specifically what happened with every little detail. Honestly everyone picked up on whats going on except for Mandy herself!
"Oh come on, I don't see why you don't just say it to her face!"

"Well because I'm scared, duuhh!"
Quite the attitude he had there, Emz crossed her arms before answering

"She likes you, you like her, and as a girl i can tell you that we don't kiss boys we don't like."

"Well a kiss on the cheek is diff-"

"Don't even start!"

Chester stuck his tongue out but stopped talking, Emz was right, he knew she was right, but there was still his subconsciousness saying to keep his feelings for himself.
"Well.. I have an idea of what to do,"

"Now that's a better attitude."

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

~📍 Fang's house ~

::06:33PM;

After school, Chester took his friends and went to shop for some stuff, they all offered to help with his second attempt at confessing! They went out to buy some materials and then went to Fangs house, the plan was to make a handmade gift.

"I asked Colette for ideas on what to do. She said something like, a personalised jester box to match whatever aesthetic you have going on."
Edgar explained with a flick of his wrist, how on earth did this guy pull the opposite gender?

Chester liked the idea tho, the plan was to make a small jester that looked like him, and when he jumps out of the box, he will have a small note.
"Speaking of Colette, how was valentines for yall?"

"Oh it was fineee, a bit boring tho."

"As if you weren't the one to refuse dancing!"
Fang accused Edgar as he just stood aside the dancefloor all night

They spent hours upon hours of talking and updating eachother while Chester worked on his gift. He painted the box with a lot of designs, and had to sew the lil jester together. He tested the box out many times, and he was finally satisfied with his work.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Chester wanted to get this done with as fast as possible, it was scary to confess! Around 2 hours later, at 9PM, he said goodbye to his friends and made his way to Mandy's house.

She was getting homework done when the doorbell started ringing.
"I'll get it!"

She quickly made her way downstairs, and from the way the doorbell didn't stop ringing she could assume who it was. Just to make sure she looked through the cameras and saw Chester. She opened the door and walked out of the way so he could walk in.

He did so and closed the door behind him.
"Hey! So I have tooo talk with you about something."

Mandy furrowed her eyebrows, hopefully it wasn't something bad.
"Let's go upstairs then"

And so they did, once they made it to Mandy's room, Chester took out the jester box he had in his school bag.
"Open it!"

Mandy examined the box and then looked at Chester as if he just did the most stupid thing ever.
"Are there snakes planning to jump out of there?"

Chester shook his head.

"Glitter bombs?"

Once again, he shook his head.
Mandy looked better at the box and finally took it in her own hands.
"Is it a clown?"

He nodded with a nervous smile.
"It's a special clown! I promise it won't attack.. maybe."

Mandy sighed and slowly opened the lid, when it was taken off, a small red hair jester in a green outfit jumped out, throwing heart shaped confetti.
"Tadaaah!"

The small guy was holding an origami flower in one hand, and a note on the other. There was written:
'Will you be my girlfriend?'

Mandy stared at it with wide eyes, reading the question over and over again.
Chester was getting nervous from how quiet she was, but then she asked
"It's not a prank, right?"

"No! I'm actually seriou—"

"YES!"

~707 words