Chapter 7: lights, camera and chaos

All of a sudden The album release party was in full swing, a dazzling affair filled with music, laughter, and the glitz and glamour of the entertainment industry. Tate McRae, the woman of the hour, looked stunning in a shimmering gown, her smile brighter than the flashing cameras. By her side stood YN Coleman, their hand resting on the small of her back, a gesture of support and love amidst the chaos.

As they navigated the crowded room, YN couldn't help but feel a little overwhelmed. The constant attention, the endless sea of faces, the whispers that followed them wherever they went—it was all starting to take its toll. They had never been comfortable in the spotlight, preferring the quiet solitude of writing to the bustling energy of fame.

Tate, ever attuned to YN's emotions, leaned in close. "Are you okay, love?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

YN forced a smile, not wanting to dampen Tate's moment. "I'm fine, just a little tired. It's been a long night."

But Tate saw through the facade, her eyes searching YN's. "Let's take a break," she suggested, guiding them towards a secluded balcony.

The cool night air was a welcome respite from the stuffy interior. YN leaned against the railing, taking deep breaths to calm their racing heart. Tate stood beside them, her presence a comforting anchor in the midst of the tempest.

"Talk to me, YN," Tate urged gently. "I know something's bothering you."

YN sighed, their shoulders slumping. "It's just... all of this," they gestured vaguely towards the party. "The constant attention, the expectations, the pressure. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this life, Tate. I'm a writer, not a celebrity."

Tate wrapped her arms around YN, pulling them close. "I understand, YN. It can be overwhelming, especially when you're not used to it. But you don't have to be anyone but yourself. You're not here as a celebrity; you're here as my partner, my love, my support. And that's more than enough."

YN melted into Tate's embrace, drawing strength from her unwavering love. "I just don't want to let you down, Tate. I want to be there for you, to celebrate your success."

"You could never let me down," Tate assured, pressing a gentle kiss to YN's forehead. "Your presence, your love, your belief in me—that's what keeps me grounded. That's what matters most."

They stood there for a long moment, wrapped in each other's arms, the chaos of the party fading into the background. YN felt the tension drain from their body, replaced by a sense of calm and belonging.

"Thank you, Tate," YN whispered, their voice thick with emotion. "For always knowing what I need, for loving me as I am."

Tate smiled, her eyes shining with adoration. "That's what love is, YN. Accepting each other, supporting each other, through the good times and the bad. And I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Hand in hand, they returned to the party, ready to face the world together. YN knew that as long as they had Tate by their side, they could weather any storm, conquer any challenge. Their love was a light in the darkness, a beacon of hope amidst the chaos of fame.

A few minutes later Tate was up on the stage singing her song Calgary which was beautiful and sad at the same time.

This song is a story in a way of returning somewhere and feeling what you felt when you were there before you left like time stood still.
I felt tears roll down my face listening to this song.

I mean the lyrics are beautiful.

(Listen to the lyrics play it up on top)

Same bar, same street
I'm twenty, but I still feel like fifteen
Oh, oh
Same fears, same dreams
Still tryna get my brother to like me
Mm, mm

You said that I always seem to land on my feet
But I got problems hanging like a chain 'round my neck
Trying, but I'm barely seeing past twenty-three
And the best of me right now is looking a lot like a mess

I thought I had my shit together
Can't lie, the pills are looking tempting
Oh, oh
I thought that I was getting better
No, I got better at pretending
Oh, oh
Oh, ah
Oh, ah

Old friends, downtown
They didn't like me then and don't like me now
I'm drunk, oh wow
All my habits came back around
I'll figure it out, that's what I say
Figure it out and take a break
I'll figure it out

Maybe, one day, I'll finally get my shit together
Can't lie, the pills are looking tempting
Oh, oh
I thought that I was getting better
No, I got better at pretending
Oh, oh
Oh, ah
Oh, ah
Oh, ah
Oh, ah

And I do it again, I'm a creature of habit
The moment's gone, but I'm still tryna catch it
Everyone left, and I never got past it
Never got past it

Same bar, same street
I'm twenty, but I still feel like fifteen

Tate finished singing and walked down to YN, noticing yn was crying.

Tate:
"Oh baby are you okay?."

YN:
" oh me yeah I am great just the song made me cry my love great writing my love."

Tate:
"Thank you my love"