To new beginings

Smriti's POV

Today is a very big day in women's cricket as today its auction's day for the first edition of women's premier league (WPL) . I am currently sitting with my teammates watching the live auction , they all are really excited about it.

Oh oh its my turn now , lets see what happens I'm really curious about the scene that is unfolding right now.
1 crore...2 crore...3crore

Auctioneer-Smriti Mandhana for 3.4 crores with RCB.... anyone other interested...um anyone.. no so Smriti Mandhana (thud) sold for 3.4 crores to RCB"making her the highest paid player of the auction. Woah thats huge I cant believe that .

Jemi " Smriti give us party broo, you have to huh  and look you also became part of RCB. The franchise you adore so much ." yeah everybody else agreed.

Smriti " sure jem i will give u if you guys insist so much but don't hype its not even that big of a deal, more importantly it is how I justify this amount of trust they put in me by performing so that would actually be considered as an achievement"

Harman " oh ho u and your morals and ethics please loosen up a little bit why always aim for perfection, live in these small moments too and cheer up we will have blast today"

Smriti " yeah sure guys"

Why do i never feel worthy enough , why cant i just enjoy like a normal person would after such big news , why so many whys i have in my mind but when looking for answers i have none . I do have a amazing team that is always there for me but i am more of reserved person so they   know me as The Smriti Mandhana but not as just Smriti a mere human.

I am complicated just cause of you both u never trusted me never believed in me and always thought of me as inferior and look what it made me i hate you for making me who i am today and mostly i hate myself for what i have become(sigh). I am just alive so that i make u feel that u lost and i won just for this purpose im pushing myself forward to see the new day. No one knew the amount of hate i carry inside if anyone knows my past the will never see me as a same person ,so I maintain distance from others.

Pez's POV

I was enjoying some alone time binge watching Friends in evening when my best friend Alyssa Healy called me informing that i have been bought by RCB for 1.4 crore rupees like holyy shittt
I can't believe its huge amount of money. 

But someone caught my attention that was highest paid player of the auction i.e Smriti Mandhana. She always intrigued me alot with the mysterious aura that follows her. Shes right there in front of you but at the same time shes not . I have never seen her laughing freely she's always in serious mode or just faintly smiling , never seen her initiate any informal conversation with anyone not even with her teammates. Maybe i just want to know about her as in my boring life shes the only mystery that i am fascinated to solve. Now god has given me a way to solve this by playing for the same franchise as her so lets see what u are hiding Smriti.

Hey guys author this side i just want to thanku for choosing this story i just wanted to have a story that was entirely dedicated to women's cricket so here it is and if u think its good do like it and im free for any sort of suggestion if u want to share im all ears 😊