26

Emma storms out of Evan's trailer, an expression of rage is burned onto her face as she does so and I feel a sense of relief that things didn't work in her favor. I look towards the window of the trailer and wonder how Evan must be now or what he must have said to her. I feel a strong urge to just go to him and console him. Without thinking about it twice I walk towards the trailer and slowly open the door.

"Evan?" I gently call as I poke my head in to see him standing with his back to me, his shoulders tense and body moving in deep but harsh breaths.

I bite my lip at his state, whatever happened in her has enraged both Evan and Emma.

But all I care about is Evan.

"Evan?" my voice shakes this time for some reason. I step inside and close the door so it's just him and I in here. He still doesn't say anything to me, I start to doubt if he even wants me in here and I feel nervous. I walk up to him and slowly raise my hand to rest it on his shoulder, "do you want to talk about it?". He doesn't answer. Instead, he waits for a second before turning around and grabbing my face with a strength I've never seen before. A gasp falls from my lips but he captures it when he presses them against his in a rough kiss that's unfamiliar between us...or to me at least.

My hands wrap around his shoulders so I can hold him close. I ache for the feel of his body against mine as I whisper his name against his lips, to which he responds to with grunts.

His hands grip my waist so tightly I can already feel the bruises breaking my skin. He moves me from where I'm standing and lifts me in his arms to slam me down aggressively on the nearest table, his lips still tight against mine. The kissing is heated and intense except there's no passion for it. There's no passion in the way he touches me as he just hitches my skirt up and grips my thighs to hike them around his waist.

His mouth moves across my cheek and neck, sucking his marks onto the flesh and my hands tangle themselves in his locks. I breathe deeply when I feel him move his arms from my hips to unbutton his jeans and pull them down. I bury my face in his neck and he hides him in my hair when he slides in with one forceful thrust.

I whimper out from the sharp feeling but cling to Evan for comfort. I moan into his ear when he starts to pump in and out of me. Our skin slaps together and our mouths occasionally connect in sloppy kisses with our teeth clashing. The sex is rough and animalistic. Evan bites down hard on my skin and I hold back a squeal so no one outside knows what we're doing.

I hold him close to me, feeling the tension in his muscles come undone under my fingertips as he fucks the anger out of his body using mine.

"Evan..." I groan and tug on the back of his hair.

I try not to but I notice how different this all is to how we usually have sex. It's just mindless and rough.

It's not what I want.

"Evan," I say and try to push him back by his shoulders but he's too lost to notice.

He roams his hands up and down my skin but it doesn't feel right. It's like he's just touching me but not feeling me.

I push my face down so it's in front of his and his eyes are stormy and empty. It looks like there's a completely different person in there. It's not the Evan I know.

"Evan..." I try not to shout loud enough for people to hear but I need to break through to him.

I duck out of the way when he tries to kiss me again and push him back harder.

"Stop Evan".

He does.

He pulls away from me and looks at me with wide eyes and a trembling lip.

It's like something in him has woken up. It's like he's snapped out of that dark angry state he was in and the Evan I know has come back to me.

He doesn't say anything, it looks as if he's lost for words.

"I'm sorry..." he eventually whispers and my heart nearly shatters when I notice he's close to tears.

What's wrong with him?

I sigh deeply and cup his face with my hand tenderly to let him know it's okay.

"I'm so sorry" his voice nearly breaks and I can't bear it. I pull him close to me and squeeze him as tightly as I can while he breathes deeply into my shoulder. I'm scared that he's crying but I can't feel any wet tears so I try to soothe him by stroking his hair.

"It's okay, baby" I whisper "it's okay".

We stay like this for a while, both remaining silent as we try to make sense of what's just happened.

I don't know what just happened or who Evan became for a while.

But I hope I never have to see it again.