(VI) What's the Buzz?

Sighing, Felix tapped his foot impatiently as the elevator slowly made its way up to his floor. He took a deep, preparing breath as the doors opened, revealing his office space. Felix only had one foot into the office before Jasmine had accosted him, grabbing his shoulders.

"You were recorded by SHANE BECKER?!" Jasmine screeched. Felix winced at the volume, gently pushing her hands off of him.

"Yeah, he was there when I was playing this past weekend."

"He wasn't just there, he fucking recorded it! You're literally going viral!"

Felix froze at that word. Viral. "I am?"

Jasmine quickly pulled out her phone, tapping it before shoving it into Felix's face. "Look!"

Pushing it to a distance where he didn't become cross-eyed, Felix gently held the sides of Jasmine's phone. Sure enough, Felix was displayed on the screen. He was standing by the piano in the mall, his violin in hand. Beautiful melodies flowed from Felix's fingertips, his body swaying slightly as the bow ran across the strings. Even though Felix could vividly remember doing it, he watched the video in amazement, getting lost in his own music.

Felix was ripped from the trance as Jasmine tore her phone away from him. "I can't believe you didn't call me right away!"

"I passed out when I got home, there wasn't much time for me to call you," Felix had actually stayed up for several hours after getting home, staring at his phone.

Felix hadn't been able to believe that a social media personality actually gave him his number. Firstly, Felix felt it was highly irresponsible of him to do, since he had known Felix for only a few moments. Shane had no way of knowing if Felix was the type of person to share his number with the public. But also, the idea of Shane Becker giving his number to Felix, a regular person on the street, wasn't clicking in Felix's head.

After looking at the phone sitting on the bed in front of him, his gaze unmoving, Felix took a deep breath. He snatched the phone before he could rethink his actions and quickly sent a text to Shane, checking about a time to meet up to film. Before Felix could put his phone down, Shane had responded, confirming the information.

Since then, Shane had texted sporadically, asking Felix random get-to-know-you questions. At first Felix thought it was slightly strange, but he quickly assumed they were so it wouldn't be so awkward the next time they met. He would answer with short replies, making sure not to take up too much of Shane's time.

Now, having watched the video of himself playing, Felix pulled out his phone. He went to Shane's contact, quickly typing out a message.

Did you post the recording from last weekend?

"Who are you texting?" Jasmine quizzed. "Is that Shane? Oh my god, do you have Shane's number?!"

"Yes, it's Shane," Felix stated duly.

"You say that like it's the most casual thing ever to have the phone number of an internet celebrity with millions of followers."

"He's a person too, and I only have his number so we can set up a time for him to film me again."

Jasmine slapped Felix's arm. "You get to see him again? Like, guaranteed?"

Felix shrugged. "Yeah."

"Stop sounding so casual! This is not casual! This is not normal!"

"This isn't world-ending either!"

"I'd beg to differ," Jasmine cleared her throat, smirking. "Now, tell me what he's like."

Limelight MelodyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara