Chapter 3

(A/N: Longer chapter to apologise for leaving this for so long)

I dragged my feet as I walked along the crowded corridor, inching closer to my imminent doom. I was with Mr Keffler, a strict middle-aged man with bad breath and a receding hairline. He always took the lower classes of Math because he didn't take any nonsense. I remember for the past three years, him looking me dead in the eyes as he leant over my desk "Math is fun, you're mindset young lady, isn't!" the way he said "young lady", and the way his spittle splattered my face always sent a shiver down my spine. I'd never been anything above lowest-class Math, and I'd always failed it; Every year, three years in a row, nothing ever changing. The class was always the same, new faces, but the same lark. I'd shuffle myself to the back of the room and watch the scene unfold. At first the class would be loud, throwing things, cursing, flicking hair-elastics at the back of mr kefflers balding head. Then, after enough of the loud kids had gotten a whiff of Mr Kefflers breath and a couple of detentions, it would quiet down.

I made it to the door and stepped into the class. The smell of coffee hit me like a bus (A/N;] ), like it always did and it took everything in me not to pinch my nose. Mr Keffler raised his bushy eyebrows at me, "back for another year are we Ms Weiners?" I held back a sigh and the temptation to say 'you helped make the class-lists didn't you idiot?' Instead I just grunted, making my way to the back, looking out for anyone whom was even slightly in my friendgroup. Nobody. I took the desk as far away from Mr Keffler as possible, putting down my bag.

I rifled through my highly untidy bag, untouched since last term. Fuck- I didn't have a pen. I hesitantly got up, Mr Keffler looking at me with a disapproving glare, I didn't meet his eye, staring right down at the floor as I shuffled toward the pens he kept by the door. Eyes on the carpet, I didn't even see another person stride into the classroom, didn't even notice the sudden silence of the other kids, didn't notice where I was putting my feet, didn't notice-

Something knocked into me, sending me stumbling backward a couple of steps, I raised my gaze, straight away opening my mouth to apologise. The girl whom id rammed into was glaring at me. My heart leapt up into my throat. The queen bee, the 'apex predator' and my twin sister's clique-leader. Regina George had to look up a little to look into my eyes, though I still somehow felt that she was towering above me. She raised her perfectly groomed eyebrows at me, I heard her finish speaking but didn't catch the words, still gawking at her.

"are you dense? I said move it hoe!" She snapped loudly, breaking my trance. I quickly stepped to the side, feeling the colour rise to my cheeks, hearing the giggling of other class-mates, which I soon silenced with a glare of my own. Then, quickly grabbing a pen, I turned to walk back toward my seat, but not before Regina had strutted past me and toward the back seats of the class. She pulled out the seat right next to mine. Fuck fuck fuck, my mind raced. I slowly walked back, sitting down beside her. She pointedly moved her chair away from mine, rolling her eyes and muttering, "great, just great."

Honestly, all of my classes past slower than paint drying but this particular lesson felt especially painful. I'd looked up and opened my mouth to attempt to make a conversation multiple times but a repulsed look from the blonde "queen" silenced me before I could let out a single syllable.

The bell ringing was a mercy; Math had been torture, as expected. I'd never really previously bumped heads with Regina. I mean, sure, I'd known her, who didn't at this school. She was like a local celebrity. Famous in her own way.. or maybe infamous... depending on how you looked at it.I also knew her from all the times Gretchen had brought her to our house, all the weekends my parents had been out of the house and they had thrown loud and obnoxious parties downstairs, though I don't think id ever actually spoken to her before today, and it was safe to say, I hoped id never have to do it again. Maybe I'd just sit somewhere else next Math lesson.

History was before lunch and it honestly past like a blur- I was hardly aware of anything, images of the pretty blonde in my head. I sighed miserably, wishing for not the first time that I could focus like a normal person. Honestly- after fifteen minutes I was done trying, history was boring and I couldn't be bothered to focus so i picked up the pen on my desk that I'd stolen from mr keffler and never intended to return and began to scribble stars on the cuffs of my jeans. (A/N: ref?!) The stars morphed into smiley faces morphed into flowers and into- "Alexia? Can you share the answer to that one?" the stark voice of Mrs Jeffers, our pointy-nosed, stuffy history teacher whom I'd had last year too spoke loudly, pointing at a question on the board. "Uhh- 1892?" I said, with absolutely no clue what I was even remotely talking about. The whole class snickered and Mrs' Jeffers face hardened into absolute rage. That's when I realised I'd fucked up. "Do you think you are funny Wieners? First your sister year one, then you for two whole years. You think I enjoy to deal with your sarcastic cheek? Do. You. Think. That. You. Amuse. Me." She paused, staring down her abnormally large nose and into my face. "I like to think that I do, maybe just a tiny little bit, gives my ego a good boost, y'know?" I spoke with a smirk. "GET OUT!" She shrieked in her highly nasal voice. "Gladly." I retorted, shoving the chair back, snatching up my stuff, casting my friends a bright smile, they grinned at me, a couple of them even giving me high-fives and fist bumps as I made my exit.

I waited in the corridor for ten minutes, taking out my phone and scrolling. Somehow I found myself on instagram, stalking my "math buddy" Regina. It wasn't hard to find her page, she wasn't exactly a private person. My finger hovered over the follow button, then I sighed and closed my phone without pressing it. Regina basically hated me and I totally hated her too. Totally.

Mrs Jeffers burst into the corridor, lectured me for a good twenty minutes on respect whilst I held back laughter before giving me a weeks worth of afterschool detentions. I sighed internally, honestly wishing id just shut my loud fucking mouth instead of running it like I always did. I was going to have to Soccer and soccer was about the one thing keeping me sane at the moment. I loved soccer and liked to think I was one of the best in the school. There wasn't nearly enough girls to make a full team so I'd just been stuck in the boys team with a couple of other girls. We were honestly glad, we didn't like the gender separation, I was twice as strong as most of the boys who played. I sighed yet again, knowing that I would have to tell my coach about my detentions and bad behaviour. It's not like he'd be surprised or even judge me, he's just be pissed I couldn't play. Pissed at me, not Jeffers, my eyes rolled.