Chapter 1: First day

°~ Chapter 1: First day ~°
\September 1 2023/

"Ugh, just five more minutes, please,"

Bailey's POV

Bailey had a tough time falling asleep last night. The thought of starting a new school, meeting tons of new people, and making new friends made her super anxious. It was nerve-wracking. But she eventually started to drift off.

The next morning a sudden flash of light startled her awake. "Bailey, come on! Time to wake up. We have to go to school!" It was her older brother Isaac, already dressed and ready to go in his classic white shirt and baggy blue pants and white nike air forces.

"Ugh, just five more minutes, please," Bailey groaned, burying herself under the blankets and squeezing her eyes shut. But Isaac wasn't having it. He yanked the covers off, exposing her to the morning light. Bailey was sprawled out in her bed, wearing shorts and a white tank top.

Before she could protest any further, her little brother Leo barged in, leaping onto her bed with alot of energy. "C'mon Bailey, we have to goooo!" he exclaimed, trying to pry her eyes open.

"Okay, okay, I'm getting up," Bailey said, sitting upright as Leo got off her bed and ran out of the room. He yelled. "Dad, Bailey is awake!"

Isaac gave her a firm look. "Ten minutes, Bailey. Don't make us late, on our first day." he said, emphasizing the time limit.

"Yeah, I got it. Just ten minutes," Bailey replied, giving him a reassuring smile, despite him towering over her because he was a lot taller then her. Isaac raised an eyebrow, then grinned. "Better make it quick then." he teased her, ruffling her hair before heading downstairs.

With her brothers gone, Bailey got up and looked through her closet for the perfect outfit. She settled on a pair of blue baggy jeans, a crisp white top, and a cozy grey hoodie. Today was the first day at her new school, and she wanted to make a good first impression.

Before heading downstairs, Bailey made a quick stop in the bathroom to brush her hair and her teeth

Before heading downstairs, Bailey made a quick stop in the bathroom to brush her hair and her teeth. As she caught her reflection in the mirror, doubts crept in about her chosen outfit for the day. But before she could think about it more, a voice from downstairs interrupted her thoughts.

"Bailey, just 3 more minutes!" her brother called from downstairs. "I'm coming!" she shouted back, hurrying down the stairs.

When Bailey entered the kitchen, she was greeted by her dad's warm smile. "Good morning, sleepyhead," he chuckled, leaning in to plant a kiss on her forehead. "Hey, Dad," Bailey replied, returning the smile.

Soon, her siblings made their way into the kitchen. "Impressive, three minutes early," Isaac teased, checking his watch and shooting her a playful grin. Bailey rolled her eyes but couldn't help but smile.