Chapter 2: Henrys discovery

After a week since the attack by Kronos. School couldn't have been worse for both Henry and Hanna, Henry was constantly being bullied and he was falling behind on assignments.

Hanna was doing well but it seemed the only person who talked to her was her teacher, she couldn't figure out why her friends and classmates just acted liked she never existed. Surely her mom couldn't have been an influence on that but something was up and Hanna knew it.

(Pov Henry) I keep thinking of mom each day and knowing that I was too late to save her, if I had just gone back to the house and not watched that Percy Jackson guy fly off into battle she would still be here.

"Hey loser what are you staring at?"

"Oh great it's Bruce" I mumble

"What's it to you Bruce, can't a guy just stare off into space and not have a care in the world" I ask

"Well your "space staring" is blocking my locker so move it" he replies

"Geez you could have asked nicely, maybe like a please and thank you" I said

"Wow the loser thinks people should use manners, is that what your mommy taught you are you going to go home and cry to her? Oh wait i forgot you can't" he said then chuckles

At this point my anger starts to rise and I say "insult my mother one more time and you're in for a world of pain"

"A fighter oh please, I never heard of the great Henry Calder being a fighter wanna know why? You never had a dad to teach you or did you have one but I bet your mom was so ugly that he left her".

Before Bruce could utter another word I decked him right in the face but that wasn't enough so then the fight commenced. Midway through I was getting my butt kicked but then that same surge of energy that I felt when fighting that monster came over me and I launched Bruce across the hall into the glass trophy case with one good punch and knocked him out. Shortly after I got a visit from the principal and a suspension for good.

Upon hearing of Henry's suspension, Hanna rolled her eyes and thought "yep that's just like him to go and do that" but she understood why because she also missed her mom.

a couple of weeks went by and she decided to drop out to take care of Henry despite her being younger but that was just how it was she supposed.

When their mom had died they were given all the money that she had in case of her death which Hanna used smartly and so she decided to go out to the store for groceries. Something a 15 year old should never do but alas circumstances had to permit it.

She knocked on his door and said
"Henry you should come shopping with me" Hanna suggested

"Ugh you're probably going to spend it all on clothes and girly stuff like makeup and crap like that so no thanks" Henry replied

Hanna kicked Henry's door open and came and slapped him saying "well excuse me!" "I'm using mom's money to go grocery shopping. Our needs come first and if we have any left for wants then yes I may but today is grocery shopping only, besides it would give you a chance to get off that video game"

"Ok fine" Henry said

They left and since neither Henry or Hanna had a license they had to walk to the store which was only 3 blocks away which wasn't bad usually but today it was. As they were passing an alleyway a group of guys came and started to put a cloth filled with gas to knock someone out on Hanna.

Henry, not wanting the same thing that happened to their mom tried to save Hanna but she got knocked out. The other two guys surrounded Henry ready to also possibly kidnap or even leave him for dead but in the moment a sword dropped from the sky and he grabbed it and this energy that he had experienced before was now visible and going around the sword, then he swung it and managed to kill all three kidnappers.

Breathing heavily he started doing everything he could to wake Hanna up but as he was distracted. A shadowy figure appeared behind him and as Henry looked back he was tall, had black hair like him and a dark demeanour to him.

The godlike man simply stared at him in awe and curiosity and said "not bad kid"

AN: who is this man and what could he possibly want with Henry and Hanna? Find out soon in chapter 3!