5: At This Point, the Club Should Just Disband

Jeno was already in the tutoring room preparing his lessons to tutor to the class for their Tuesday group

Jeno was already in the tutoring room preparing his lessons to tutor to the class for their Tuesday group. He had thought of tips and tricks that they would teach to them to make it easier for them to solve certain problems. Right now, what they planned to tackle was plotting points and how they would need to find the x and y for each tangent line.

Later, Eunji opens the door to the room of the tutoring classroom that they would be using. It's one of the unused classrooms on the third floor of the school, cleaned and repurposed to be used as tutoring rooms for first years, second years, and third years. Since it was higher and they've never really used it, the first time they entered they were all fascinated with how different the view was on the third floor.

Now, it was nothing more than a room that Eunji, lowkey, dreaded entering.

"Can I check on the plans?" Cho comes up beside Jeno and takes a look at the piece of paper where he had written what he planned to tutor the others on based on their mock exams.

"Hey-"

Jeno stops talking when Eunji stands there staring at what he had written. Her head slightly tilted to the side and her eyebrows knit together.

He knew that face anywhere.

It was face of judgment, uncertainty, and doubt, and it was clearly about the plans he planned to teach people later.

"Why is it fixed like this?" Cho's eyes looked at him in disbelief.

"Because what they need isn't a retelling of what didn't work for them, which is why they didn't understand it in the first place."

"What?" Cho shakes her head. "They should understand something from its foundation to answer and understand how things work."

"Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it worked for the others." Jeno takes the paper from her hand. "That's why they're having a hard time in the first place."

"Maybe it's because they can't grasp the basis in the first place."

"No! It didn't work already—"

When the tutoring room door opened, Renjun and Haechan stood there by the door. The sight that welcomed them was Jeno's fist turning white and Eunji's face flushed red, but with the look on their faces they knew exactly what it wasn't about. It wasn't anything that would normally warrant a reaction that would shock someone, because both their eyebrows were knit together and anger was so clear in both their eyes.

Renjun and Haechan exchange looks before trying to close the door.

"Just enter already." Jeno sighs as he looks at his two friends who were about to exit themselves from the room.

"I mean we could just enter later." Renjun enters hesitantly.

"Or maybe not go to the tutoring at all," Haechan takes the seat right next to Renjun.