Chapter 2-Injuries and Nicknames

Second Person

The both of you suddenly hear movement from the ball pit.  And before you can even lift your head off the ground Sun is already inside the pit treating the child that had just fallen into it.  How the fu- you were thinking to yourself, when you were suddenly interrupted by Sun yelling at you.
"Y/N COME AND MEET EVERYONE!" You listened and walked over to the ball pit and hopped in.  You struggled to get over to where Sun was, but eventually made it over to where he was, greeting the little girl that had just come down the slide. Her name was Peggy. She was wearing a bright pink t-shirt with green overalls. She also had two small pigtails on the sides of her head. She looked to be the age of five or six. She held onto Sun as you got closer to them, uncertain if she should trust you or not.
"Hi there Peggy. My name is Mx.Y/n. It's nice to meet you." You said giving her a soft smile. She happily returned the smile, and so did Sun.

Time Skip

The last child had just gotten out of the ball pit when Sun called everyone over to him.
"GATHER AROUND EVERYONE! I would like you all to meet Mx.Y/n. They are my new assistant, and I would like you all to treat them as you do me, ok?" Sun announced to everyone. All the kids either nodded their heads or just said yes. Then suddenly most of them ran off to do what they wanted. Some kids ran to the structures, some went to the ball pit, some went to the coloring station, and then the rest went to the toys corner. You and Sun both walked away from each other to go and help other kids. He went over to the ball pit to play a game with some of the kids, and you went over to the art corner. Once you got there you noticed Peggy trying to grab some paints off a shelf. You quickly rushed over to help her with the heavy box.
"Hold on Peggy, let me help you." You said as you quickly went and grabbed the box before it fell on her head.
"Thank you Mx.Y/n." She thanked you and ran back to a table where she was sitting at, where there was already a big stack of paper. You went to help some other kids with other things, when you suddenly heard your name being called. You picked your head up to see Sun running towards you from the ball pit.
"Hey Y/n, the other kids said they wanted to play a game with you in the ball pit, would you like to join us?" He asked, as he came to a stop in front of you.
"Sure, I'll be over in a second Sun." You told him. He smiled and ran back over to the ball pit to let the kids know. You helped a few other kids with reaching a few things, but then walked over to the ball pit.  All the kids seemed super excited to play, and you could see Sun literally jumping in excitement.  You hopped in the ball pit, and Sun started explaining the game to you.
"Alright, we're gonna play a game called Tickle Shark!" He announced to everyone.  They all cheered and started spreading out.(For the people who don't know what tickle shark is.  It's a game where there are 2 sharks, and they have to catch people.  Once the shark catches someone, they tickle the other person.  The only way a person can free themselves from the sharks grasp is to hug them for 3 seconds.  And the other person can also become a shark as well, if the shark hugs them.). Sun and Timothy, a 7 year old boy, ended up being the sharks.  Sun immediately started chasing after you and some other kids.  All the kids ran in separate directions, while Sun was still chasing you, he then suddenly pounced on you.  You both fell underneath the colorful ocean. You had fallen on your back while Sun had fallen on top of you on his stomach.  You closed your eyes as you fell, but then quickly opened them, to see Sun basically pinning you to the floor of the ball pit.  You quickly felt a small blush come to your face, as he looked at you with slight shock.  It seemed like everything had stopped at that moment, you couldn't move, couldn't hear, couldn't speak, all you could do was look at Sun in that moment.  Then suddenly everything came back to life, and suddenly Sun hugged you.
"H-HEY?!" You yelled in confusion.  Sun hugged you for 3 seconds then looked at you for a quick second, and then resurfaced from underneath the ball pit, and ran away.  You sat there in shock for a second , but then realized and resurfaced as well.
You were still the shark after a while, when you noticed a group of children hiding in the corner of the ball pit.  You sunk underneath the colorful ocean, slowly making your way over to the few children there.  When suddenly, you felt something hard hit the top of your head.
"OW!"  You shouted, as you quickly stood up, only to hit your head on something else.
"FUDGE NUGGETS!"  You yelled, as you clutched the top of your head, as it was throbbing with pain.  You looked at the thing that had caused you pain, and it happened to be the slide that the children fall out of, at the beginning of the day.  You had first hit your head on one of the poles supporting the slide, then you had hit the bottom of the slide.  You heard movement from behind you, then felt someone grab your shoulders and turn you around.
"Y/n are you alright?!"  Sun asked you with a worried look on his face.  You felt tears start to form at the corners of your eyes, threatening to spill out.  You tired your best to blink them away, but that just made it worse, and soon tears started to fall down your cheeks.  Sun soon pulled you into a hug.  "Don't cry Sunshine, it'll be ok."  He told you.  You were to focused on the pain in your head to notice the nickname Sun had given you.  You soon felt two arms wrap around your back, and the back of your legs, and then lift you out of the ball pit.  You looked to see Sun giving you a soft smile, as he had lift you up, bridal style, out of the ball pit.
"A-AGH..S-SUN WHAT'RE YOU DOING?!"  You asked, terrified.  As you had a fear of heights.  You wrapped your arms around Sun, as tight as you could, as so you wouldn't fall.  Sun giggled slightly.
"I'm taking you to the front desk to treat your headache."  He told you, as he started walking out of the ball pit.  You stuck to Sun like the two of you had been glued together.
"W-what about t-the kids, we can't leave them unsupervised!" You said in a panicked state. Sun then turned around to face the kids, as he was a few feet away.
"Emily, you're the new shark." Sun said bluntly. You started to blush slightly, as you still were clinging to him.  He then turned around and continued walking to the front desk, as a little girl started chasing a group of other kids. The two of you got to the front desk, and Sun slowly set you down in a swivel chair. He then quickly walked over to a small cabinet behind the desk.
"Sun, you don't need to help me, I'm fine." You told him, as the pain in your head started to get more noticeable, and the tears had still been from your eyes.
"No, you are hurt Sunshine, I'm not going to just let that slide." He said sternly. As you noticed the new nickname you slightly blushed. He then ran back over towards you, with a small first aid kit. "Oh dear, I believe you have a fever too. You're all red." He said to you, concern lacing his voice, and worry on his face.
"O-oh, I'm just slightly...flustered." You told him, looking away sheepishly. He tilted his head in confusion, as he was about to put the back of his hand to your forehead, to feel your temperature, but stopped. "You called me...Sunshine, instead of my name...". I said to him sheepishly looking away. He blushed as he had just now realized he was calling you Sunshine.
"O-oh well, I don't have to call you that, I can call you something else if you'd like, or just your name if you'd prefer." He said, a slight malfunction in his voice.
"Oh no, I don't mind, it just seemed like you didn't notice." You reassured him. He looked at you and gave you a happy smile.

He heh...hiii...Listen, I know I haven't been posting in a while, but PSSA's started, and I was really busy with family drama, and other shit.  But I promise I'm back.  But I love yall, peace out ✌️.