10

Hiroshima spent her days in the modest "apartment" within the laboratory. She was being monitored since the crew wanted to see what changes her body went through as her pregnancy developed.

Days transformed into months. Before anyone realized it, Hiroshima had begun to show. Her rounded stomach peeked out just a little at this time. She was still in the early stages of pregnancy, but her tummy appeared to be halfway through.

Doctors suspected that she was carrying more than one kid. Hiroshima had told them that she believed there was only one. Her stomach being this large was not unusual given her and Pickle's size and lineage. 

Pregnancy was everything to Hiroshima; she was already smitten with the life growing inside her.

Pickle had shown a few times in recent months.  Appearing to be growing closer to Hiroshima's location. Hiroshima wanted to pretend that he was returning for her. But she knew much better. Pickle had probably forgotten about her by this point. He was completely unaware of his impending child.

Pickle had reproduced, and everyone was anxious to see what his genes would generate. If the youngster resembled either the father or the mother. The public had no idea Hiroshima was the mother, despite the fact that he had previously been stationed with her.

Everyone else believes that this child has the potential to be either good or detrimental. A child born from a guy with supernatural talents. They had no idea Hiroshima also held horrific abilities. The mingled genetics gave rise to a powerful entity.

Hiroshima was in her most tranquil state. She hadn't felt like murdering anything lately. Before it was given to her, every food item she was consuming had been slain.

Pickle was beyond the laboratory, but Hiroshima stayed within.  still making an effort to live alone. Things were going well so far. He had gained some insight into stealth from his time spent living with Hiroshima. That allowed him to remain undiscovered.

Up until a few nights ago, that is.

Dr. Payne had interrupted Hiroshima when she slept in the enclosure's bed. He was standing over her as she hadn't even heard him enter.

Despite Dr. Payne's best efforts, a gentle wake-up was not achieved. He scared Hiroshima so much that she nearly attacked him.

Hiroshima started to calm down after realizing who had frightened her.

"Why are you here? And why do you have such a habit of standing over me?" She asked

"I apologize. I didn't intend to frighten you. I have wonderful news to share." "The public changed their minds after learning that Pickle was going to become a father," he said. "Regardless of whether I was involved or not, the ruling was reversed." He said.

"So he can come home now?" Hiroshima enquired

Dr. Payne gave a small smile. "Yes."  In fact, we've already located him, and any moment now he ought to awaken from anesthesia. He remarked, "I suggested that we bring you in so he feels more at ease than just some stranger being there for him." "Would you like to see him?" He inquired

Hiroshima was trailing Dr. Payne to visit Pickle before she could even process anything. How could she not smell him while he was being held on the other side of the lab, a little ways away from Hiroshima? How could he miss her scent? Was he really so forgetful? Had she also forgotten the scent of him?

Hiroshima was guided by Dr. Payne into a whole new region. There was an abundance of equipment in the room, with gadgets scattered everywhere. She noticed that the room's center had a sizable table. Wires in the colors blue, red, and yellow ran up the legs of the tables.

Her gaze traced the wires until they reached the top of the table, where Pickle rested.

She noticed something unusual about him. Cuts. One that began at his forehead and went all the way down the middle. Hiroshima became quite angry.

Her words were, "WHO DID THIS TO HIM?" "WHERE DID HE GET THESE MARKS?"

Dr. Payne remained composed. He clarified that he was engaged in another fight with someone else before he came across Pickle. Pickle was lucky to have survived. Dr. Payne had threatened to have him taken back by force or return him to the lab. Pickle had been returned in peace and had his wounds attended to.

Hiroshima filled with mixed feelings. She was first angry that it had happened, and then, as she considered all the suffering he must have endured, she started crying. Dr. Payne had to cover his ears to block off the sound of her sobs.

All of a sudden, Pickle's awakening could be heard. He groaned, and Hiroshima gave a sniffle.

His eyes opened, and he started to notice something. He recognized the people who were gathered around him.  They faced away so that he could not see their faces. Though he wasn't sure, he could have thought he could smell his companion.  He was sensing an elevated level of hormonal changes. 

The sound of his feet hitting the ground lingered in the air as he stood up. As Hiroshima settled down, Pickle was examined by Dr. Payne.

His eyes met Hiroshima's. Pickle moved fast to get to her, just to be sure it was really her. After giving her a thorough sniff, he concluded that it was her. With a smile, Hiroshima kissed him on the nose.

He saw a lump in her stomach as he looked around to make sure she was okay. He poked it at first because he assumed she had something in her clothing.  Upon sensing that it was hard he started to fret. 

Hiroshima massaged her stomach. Gently, she murmured, "Baby."

She heard Pickle try to speak the word, but it sounded garbled. It dawned on him that she was expecting. When he realized he was the father, his eyes grew wide.

He had just woken up and now he was a father? Pickles understood many things due to Hiroshima's teaching. He understood that this was serious and that it was the consequence of their actions those couple of times.