Rejected

Seowoo was buzzing in her skin as she waited for the final line of girls who will debut in JYP's new girl group, Moonlight. 

Yet a voice in her head didn't shut up, and a bad feeling swooped over her. 

That she won't debut.

That the survival show is rigged.

That all that matters is visuals, not talent.

That all those late nights spent training, sweat dripping on the ground were all for nothing.

I was always told by the trainers that I am the most talented trainee that they'd ever seen.

But does that really matter?

In an industry where talents are overlooked and visuals are favored, was all of your effort for nothing?

No, that can't be, the trainers always make us do our best when performing for the monthly evaluation.

But what about all of those skin whitening face masks?

Obviously, idols need to look pretty and have glowy skin.

Did they really care about your talent?

Her head was hurting, so she brushed the thought off and thought positively.

After all, this was her dream for the past 7 years, and she couldn't just give up hope when she's so close.

But what if that tiny voice was right?

"After many years of training, months on the survival show, we have finally come to a conclusion on a final line up of trainees perfect for our new girl group! Moonlight will have 7 final members, each with their own talents and charms..."

There's 13 of us on the survival show, meaning 6 of us won't end up debuting. This has been my dream, and I really don't want to let it go because of a stupid survival show.

"...I'm sure you have all been hot on your seats waiting for this day to come!"

Yeah right...

"The final line up for Moonlight, congratulations to..."

Her hands were sweating as Mr. Park began calling the names of the girls who would debut.

"Kim Hyejung, leader and main dancer,"

Hyejung was crying tears of joy as she stepped up and bowed to Mr. Park.

She really deserved it, she's so talented. Leader material.

"Lee Jihyeon, lead vocalist,"

The brunette smiled an ear-to-ear smile as she stepped up and bowed.

"Lee Yeri, main dancer,"

Yeri was shy, and she softly smiled and bowed to Mr. Park.

"Ito Mimi, main rapper,"

The long haired smiled brightly and bowed to Mr. Park.

"Mei Chen, visual and main vocalist,"

The black haired quickly bowed to Mr. Park and smiled a contagious smile.

I was rooting for that girl! But there's only 2 girls left to go...

"Park Chaewon, lead rapper,"

Only 1 girl left, what if it's not me?

The short girl grinned and bowed to Mr. Park.

"Finally, lead dancer and vocalist..."

Everyone held their breath as Mr. Park was about to say the final girl's name. The remaining 7 girls looked at each other and mouthed good luck when Mr. Park finally spoke.

"Saki Kuomi!"

Kuomi smiled, tearing up and bowed to Mr. Park.

The remaining girls despite their sad expressions clapped for the new girl group.

Seowoo was one of those remaining girls.

How does it feel to work for your dream for several years to only be left in the dust, while the people that you once stood on the same level as are now shining onstage?

Have they forgotten you?

Do they think you're not worth their time anymore?

This is how Seowoo felt, as she was turned away after 7 years of training, watching her fellow trainees debut, smiles on their faces, as if they'd completely forgotten her.

What happened to all those late nights spent training, sweat dripping on the floor?

Those same girls who debuted in the new girl group Moonlight were the same girls who would comfort Seowoo and message her every night.

But how about now? 

Now that they're stars and shining on stage, do they really care about the 7 other girls that were with them along the way?

author note:

hi how are you?

i'm really looking forward to this story and have a few ideas up my sleeve.

this story won't be updating as frequently as Just 1 Last Text bc the chapters will be longer.

also check out Just 1 Last Text!! new chapters come out every 2-4 days (wow i'm shameless, advertising myself)

2 People, 1 Story will be updating every week (hopefully haha) so please look forward to it!

also (2) let me promote myself again, go check out How Strange (seungmin ff) it will mean a lot!!

anyways, whats your favourite song released this year?

byee love ya<3