II. Introduction.

"It's you!"

Kyou Ito is a student of Hope's Peak Academy's Class 78th, and a participant of the Killing School Life featured in Daganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. Their title is the Ultimate Songwriter.
They later return as the support in Daganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls along with Komaru Naegi and Toko Fukawa.

APPEARANCE

APPEARANCE

At the beginning of the Killing School Life and in Daganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Kyou looks to be a young high-school aged teenager, but due to memory loss they are two years older than they believed. Kyou appears of average height and posses an average figure. They have shoulder length red hair which is constantly messy, cloudy and pale blue eyes, and a large amount of freckles covering their face. They have a split ahoge on the top of their head which curls around the end, which often changes with their expressions.
Kyou's outfit is made of casual clothes with a noticeably baggy sweater jacket and a small chain attached to their pants. Their shirt has a treble clef branded on the front and they keep a mobility folding cane in their inner jacket pocket at all times. They also wear black sneakers and white socks.

PERSONALITY

Kyou is a seemingly carefree individual but is highly perceptive under this false premise of being wide eyed and somewhat ignorant. They often seek out companionship and will stick to those who allow it.

Kyou is often presented as someone who is unable to do things on their own due to being blind, though they are much more independent then they like to act. Due to not receiving much attention as a child they crave companionship and friendship in the present, in which case they'll often play a more vulnerable role to be able to stick close without feeling like they're being a bother. They're incredibly witty and choose to find the best to every situation they find themself in which leads them to be one of the more cheerful characters of Trigger Happy Havoc. Despite their cheer they're quite self conscious and will overthink about other's more often than anyone can realize, though they will brush it off if anyone were to ask. They act as the moral support of the group alongside others such as Makoto Naegi and Aoi Asahina. Kyou finds comfort in those who are honest with them and will often choose to stick around those who are blunt and truthful, which has lead to very unique friendships among the classmates. The only classmate Kyou cannot seem to get along with is Byakuya Togami, though they will still go to him for when it's needed.
As the game progresses Kyou is revealed to have deep rooted paranoias and traumas related to transphobia and ableism. They will choose to brush these problems and issues aside until it becomes too much for them to handle, which results in them becoming aggressive and verbally lashing out at others.
Kyou is afraid of locked doors and flattening irons due to very traumatic experiences with them and they highly dislike silence, which might also be a result of an unknown trauma.

TALENT; ULTIMATE SONGWRITER

As the Ultimate Songwriter, Kyou possess extreme skills with composing and writing lyrics for any genre of music. The first time they knew that they had this talent was when one of their music sheets fell in front of a musician and they implored with them to share their talent with the world.
One of their most popular songs was named 'The Ocean Lingers' and was inspired by the Ultimate Writing Prodigy's work.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN RIGHTS TO THE DAGANRONPA SERIES, ONLY THE CHARACTER KYOU ITO AND ANY ART PROVIDED WITHIN THIS STORY.