#2

Kris had already opened the door to the girls' room and was standing in the middle of it, looking around with wide eyes. Ashley walked in behind her and let out a whistle.

"Damn," she said. "This is a large room."

"It's the one where the spirit lived when she was still alive. Ilse Hoffman, the daughter of the man who built this whole hotel," Colby explained.

"Great," Ashley stated. "Ilse, please don't make me have nightmares, yeah?" A smile was tugging at the corners of her mouth as she saw Colby grin at her.

The colors were lighter than in the hallway, where the carpet was of a suffocating red. Inside the room, most parts of the furniture were brown or gray, but the logo of the hotel was still held in the same red. It worked surprisingly well, especially with the white walls. Two couches were standing in the middle of the room, facing each other. In the wall on the left, there was a chimney, and next to it a door. Ashley assumed that it opened to the boy's room, which was right next to hers and Kris'.

There was even a rocking chair in one corner.

"Look, a rocking chair," she said and pointed at it. Sam grinned and nodded, knowing what they were going to do later.

She turned to the right, where she could see two beds standing a few feet apart from each other through an archway. The wall was constructed to separate the living room and the bedroom from each other while still being open.

"No cuddling today," Kris sighed, and Ashley laughed. They put their bags on the beds – Ashley taking the one closer to the window, Kris occupying the one next to the bathroom door. Walking through the door, Ashley's eyes widened again. One corner of the bathroom was filled with a gigantic bathtub, and the colors were held in dark tones of blue and green.

"I once said that I hate hotels because they all look the same," Ashley stated as Colby walked in, now holding the camera. He and Sam had left to bring their stuff into their room. "I take that back. Holy shit, someone did not care about using too much color here. I like that."

The boys' room was almost the same as the girls', as it was right to the left of their door. Ashley had been right about the door inside the room leading to a room mirroring hers and Kris'. But instead of two separate beds, there was only one, standing in the middle of the sleeping compartment.

"Why is it always like this?" Colby asked, throwing his bag to the ground.

"What, you don't like sleeping next to Sam?" Ashley asked, looking out of their window. The hotel was a long, narrow building, and they seemed to have gotten two rooms right below the roof. In both rooms, the roof was a little slanted toward the windows. Additionally, their rooms were right above the lobby and the main entrance of the hotel, their view being the only street to the hotel and a dark forest across from it.

"He snores," Colby replied.

"I do not!" Ashley heard Sam's answer from the bathroom. She laughed, rolling her eyes.

Colby turned off the camera and Kris and Ashley returned to their room to get ready for the evening because the boys were going to film the information part now. Ashley counted on them telling her and Kris later what exactly they had to expect.

It was dark outside already, and Ashley took a moment to look out of the window.

"Does this feel like a haunted place to you?" she asked Kris, who was taking her toothbrush out of her bag.

"Why are you asking me?" She wasn't saying it in an unfriendly way, more genuinely curious.

"You're an empath, so I kind of thought..." Ashley's voice faded as she was not sure how to end the sentence.