𝟬𝟬𝟲 - 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀

⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

LYING ON THE BED IN HER ROOM, Eyana allowed a few tears to run down her face.

The weight of those words brought such a feeling of anguish and discomfort that she didn't even think twice before climbing the stairs of the penthouse and taking refuge in her room.

That room was like a safe haven in the house, and Damian couldn't interfere with it no matter how much he tried. Eyana made sure of it. It was vibrant, sealed with books and her mother's wonderful paintings on the walls.

Arpina's essence prevails on the walls of that colorful space.

However, Eyana felt like an intruder in that space, since the memories she had with her mother were little by little fading from her mind, and this scared her and made her feel guilty. She had already lost half of her essence after the woman disappeared, and now the memories she shared were leaving too.

Even after the tears had dried, Dr. Gaul's words still troubled her, no matter how many times she shifted in bed. How could that crazy woman know about Arpina's fate when her disappearance remained a mystery?

Her mother wasn't important; she was simply a teacher who wrote books about magic in her spare time; she wasn't even considered wealthy before marrying her father; there was no reason for Dr. Gaul to know what happened to her or talk of her with such disdain as she had.

Eyana hated uncertainty but here she is, surrounded by it.

"Nyna! Nyna!" Haakon's voice sounded from the other side of the door, making the girl wake up from her thoughts, raise her head, and look towards that sound a little nervously; she didn't want Haakon to see her in that state. "I'm home from school!" The little boy replied as he knocked his foot on the wooden door, not realizing that the door was unlocked.

Quickly wiping away her tears, she took a deep breath to compose herself. With a fake smile, she rose from her bed and hurried to the door, opening it just in time to greet her little brother as he entered the room with a smile, his energy palpable.

"Finally!" Haakon exclaimed with excitement, kicking off his shoes and leaping onto the bed, eager for attention and a moment with his older sister, who in turn turned her back on him as she stood near the bookshelf, moving and touching random things to disguise the previous situation. "You won't believe what happened in class, Nyna! It was so cool!" He said it enthusiastically while swinging his legs in the air.

Eyana, with her back to her brother, choked back a nasal laugh from across the room. Gazing at him through the small mirror tucked next to the bookshelf, she felt relieved that he was in a better mood than he was this morning when their father shouted in her direction. It was difficult for Haakon to hold a grudge against the older man just as it was difficult for her.