Chapter 20

Fenrir pushes me down and shields me with his body. A shock wave comes or way, there is a lot of pressure for just a split second but goes away. Fenrir gets off me, his wolf features appearing as he growls. His teeth are sharp and his ears go flat on his head. I look the same way as him and I feel my legs becoming weak. Humans stand dressed completely in black, a hood covering their faces. They have weapons in their hands. Most of them are sharp and made of silver metal. 

"Stand behind me", growls Fenrir and I do what he says. They tried killing me once, who says they won't do it again? But then it hits me. "Your sister...", I say softly. I see Fenrir freeze as the idea hits him too. He mutters something under his breath that I can't understand. "She'll be protected", he says. "You're now my priority." The first human steps forward. 

They don't say a word, but they attack. Many wolves are running around, most attack but fail almost immediatly. It's the silver they use, I assume. I gulp a bit and take a step back. 

Jonah now is a good time to appear...

But he doesn't and probably won't. The only one I can trust now is Fenrir. He stand before me, his arms spread a little, protecting me. Suddenly, I notice Mina running away into the forest, without a wolf to protect her. I want to tell Fenrir, but if he choses his sister over me, which he probably would, I would be doomed. Even though Mina wronged me, she doesn't deserve to die. 

I'm conflicted, I look back at the humans before me who lunge at Fenrir. I decide to take my chance and grab a branch. The same one I hit Leon with. I look back at the way Mina ran and ran after her. I won't let her die, there won't be a female left. And who knows what wolves then will do to humanity? 

I run into the forest, it becomes darker and darker. The light fading away, so does the sound of the fighting. I feel eyes on me, like I'm watched, not just by one but many people. I don't have a good feeling about it. 

I run through the forest and see Mina from afar, she lies on the ground. "Mina!", I yell as I'm with her. My eyes widen with horror, she lies on the ground. Her eyes open, showing true pain and terror. I see a puddle of blood around her, she is stabbed a few times. Some in the shoulder but most in her belly... 

I can't help but think of the baby she was carrying. I feel my heart ache at such horribe sight. She was so proud of her baby...

I sit on the ground, with my knees in the dirt. With my two fingers I close her eyes. "I'm sorry...", I mumble softly. I can no longer look at her and turn my head away. I stand back up, out of the corner of my eye I see something moving. I turn around and see a human, with a bloody knife in his hand. I can't see his face or eyes. I freeze, my body nailed to the ground. He runs up to me, and everything goes so fast yet slow at the same time. My heartbeat fastens and my eyes widen in fear. 

He charges up at me with the knife in his hands and I can only stand and watch. Suddenly a wolf jumps onto him. It's a familair figure. He pushes it's teeth into the neck of my attacker and yanks his head back. There is a scream of agony from the human but he stays silent as soon as his throat is completely pulled out. I look in horror at the wolf. "We meet again, puppy", says a wicked sadistic voice. 

Then I recognize the tall figure, Connor stands before me, his mouth bloodied. "C-connor?", I stutter, not knowing if I need to be happy or terrified. Connor walks up to me, I expect that drags me with him, cussing me out or even hurt me but instead he looks at me with a smirk on his face. His hands placed on my shoulder. "I never thought I would miss you." 

"How did you know where I was?", I ask. "We can smell you from miles away, puppy." He grabs my hand, surpisingly not painful but rough enough. "Let's get moving." 

"Wait, I don't want to go back!", I say trying to resist but he's too strong for me. "That's too bad, you belong with us. We officialy took you." I glare at him and yank my hand away in his grip. "You lied to me! You know where Johannes is, you always did." "Who said that we didn't?", he says with a smirk. "Now let's go." He grabs me again way harder this time. He sweeps me up and throws me over his shoulders. I try pushing him away and kick with my feet but he won't budge. "If you continue to resist like this I'll bite you, and it won't be pretty", he says coldly. I gulp and stop, somewhere I got a feeling that he actually meant it. 

We walk back to the Mina's clan to my surprise. "Good job, Connor", says a familair voice. I hear footsteps coming closer. King Hendrick walks past Connor to turn to me, who still has me over his shoulders. "Long time no see, darling. You still look ravishing", he says with that same smile. His face is rather close to mine so I can feel his warm breath on my face. "Where is Fenrir?", I ask, I did not expect him to know, yet I asked away. "He a bit busy, we take care of you in the meantime~" He gives my hair one stroke, his hand then going to the side of my face and under my chin. His face incredibly close, but I turn my head away and Hendrick chuckles amused. 

"Let's go, we have what we came for."