Chapter one

_____________________________________________

Time skip

_____________________________________________

Y/n's POV

My brother told me about what happened to our parents. I wish he told me sooner. I can't stay mad at him though, I know he was just worried about me. But I still feel annoyed.. It'll go away. It's whatever.

After lots of hard training it was finally time for me and my brother to go to final selection. My brother has been holding my hand tightly for the whole time we were walking here. He's made it very clear that we're going to be together all of final selection. "Sister, you're going to stay with me. I don't want you getting hurt." He said, trying to hide that he was scared. He said this many times now, but I still nodded. I can tell he's worried.

I'm looking around, there are a lot of people here. It's expected, but my brother is still standing in front of me with his hands spread out at his sides as if daring people to come near us. It's embarrassing, even if he's just trying to protect me. "Stop that.." I whisper, an embarrassed blush on my face. He pretends not to hear me.

From the many people I see standing here along with us, there are three I find interesting. Since my brother is distracted with glaring at people that do so much as look at me, I want to try become friends with the people I found interesting. I walk up to the girl who has her black hair in a ponytail, she has a pink kimono on and a butterfly resting on her finger. She's so pretty it's as if the light is shining it's spotlight on her, like a goddess. "My name is L/n Y/n. What's your name?" I ask, smiling sweetly at her. I watch curiously as she takes out a coin and flips it before answering, looking at me with a smile. "Kanao." She answers. I smile at her and say goodbye, I need to try get more friends after all. I bowed in respect to her before walking over to a boy with yellow/orange hair, his expression looks like a mixture of fear and worry.

Before I could get the chance to speak with him, he immediately grabbed my hand and started crying "Aaah! You talked to me?!" I didn't talk to him. "You like me, right?!" He continued. "You're going to be my wife, right?! Please?!-" Safír cut him off, grabbing him by his short hair and pulling him away. The yellow/orange haired boy didn't come near me again, but he was still crying in fear. I should've talked to someone else to get a friend, I don't want to be friends with him. Why was he even trying to become a demon slayer..? I didn't get to talk to anyone else, not even the boy with a fox mask resting on his head because my brother had already dragged me away.

"You shouldn't talk to that wimpy boy again, he's a pervert.. Clearly." Safír scoffed. "Alright." I agreed with him.

_____________________________________________

Time skip

_____________________________________________

I slashed another demon, me and my brother were back to back as we cut the demons heads off. We walked silently next to eachother, extra cautious for demons. We heard loud, heavy footsteps after a few minutes. Safír took my hand and we hid, peeking out from behind the tree to see what the demon looked like. It was tall, green and had alot of arms covering it's entire body, it was.. Ugly. And scary. Then I saw him again.. The boy with hanafuda earrings and a fox mask on the top of his head. In the blink of an eye his mask was broken in half. My eyes widened as the boy started cutting off the demon's hands. He was so fast.. It was mesmerising. I want to help him, or do something but I can't, my brother won't let go of me. He's worried. His arms are wrapped around me as we watched the boy battle with the green demon. He was bleeding, the demon was talking about how he ate the students of 'Sakonji Urokodaki' as revenge because he trapped him here. That the boy would be the next one to die. But the boy kept fighting, I swallowed my saliva, just watching this battle was scary.