3. Jamila's Caught flirting

It was almost six in the evening and Fola's mother, returning from the market had got some stuffs for the kitchen. She really could use sometimes help as her bags were heavy and she herself was weakening with old age. Luckily she thought she had heard voices of people approach and thought she could ask for help.
           Unfortunately the was no one one the road when she bent around the corner, instead the voices were from one yet to complete building structure which did dejected at the side of the road with weeds and thorns beginning to grown around it.
          Wanting to be sure she had really heard voices, Fola's mother tiptoed to the door side where she could peep through the building better. For once, she wasn't expecting to see her but there she was - Jamila again. She had taken off her hijab and again was with a boy.
         The position the stood in couldn't be justified by friendship as Fola had tried defending her friend the day before. The guy was proped to the wall with his hands travelling across the contours of Jamila who seemed to be enjoying it that much. How he squeezed her on the butt and rubbed his face between her breasts, angered Fola's mother as if Jamila was her daughter.
          However she wasn't going to say anything rather than pass as she had been insulted very much once when she had tried advising Jamila on what such lifestyle could lead to. Fola had no idea her so-called best friend had had the guts to insult her mother ever. Probably that would have ended their tight friendship right away.
        Luckily for Fola's mother, Jamila hadn't seen her this time and it'd be better she had left without the slightest trace as she couldn't stand a child she could birth say filthy things to her and go scot-free and here lied the case she wasn't in good shape to be arguing.

                     *.             *.            *.
          "Welcome mum", Fola had said as her mum had arrived home. She took her heavy bags and when to leave them in the kitchen. Instead of relief, the look she on her mother's face wasn't a good one. She knew something might have happened but when she had asked, she  told her daughter she was only having a mood swing and that was all.
              If Fola's mother knew what was going to happen that evening, she wouldn't have slept. Her illness was getting worst but she thought she was better when the coughs stopped little did she know within, the illness was consuming her.
             However, the unfortunate happened. Fola had woken up the next morning to the sad news. Her mother wouldn't wake up. She laid still in her bed, her hands dropping lifeless her Fola had lifted it.
              There, Fola broke into tears. She had no other person in this apart from her mother. What was she going to do without her. "Yes she wanted a life where a mother wouldn't be ordering her about but she didn't mean it this way. At least her mother could still have been alive but not complain about everything", she had thought.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Please vote and comment so I'd know if you want the other chapters