5 - COURTNEY

What the heck?!

I was at Ryan's house as I was invited by his 12 year old sister for a playdate, and I loved kids.

Ryan just told me that Sarah attempted suicide.

Sarah, my best friend had attempted suicide.

How could she?

Didn't she think about me, or her parents?

I rubbed a hand against my face and hair.

"I thought I should tell you" Ryan said.

"You did right. It's just a lot to process." I took deep breaths to process the information.

"Do you need to sit or something?" he concerned me.

"I'm fine. I just need to talk to her. Will you please tell Stacie that I will play with her tomorrow?"

"She's already pissed at me for bailing on her."

"So she's gonna be mad?"

"Yeah, I think so."

I sighed.

"Fine I'll talk to Sarah after this." I calmed my nerves and went back into the living room with Ryan.

"Sarah Biswas!" I stomped my foot on the doorway and barged into her house

Sarah's eyes were red and rheumy, which clearly meant that she had cried before opening the door for me.

"How dare you?" I planted my hands on my hip to look intimidating.

She was confused.

"I don't understand. What's wrong?" she asked innocently.

"You tried to kill yourself?!"

"Ryan told you?" her expressions took a drastic change.

"How could you do this, Sarah? I mean, suicide? Have you lost your mind?" I didn't realize when my voice pitched higher, and tears started pooling in my eyes.

"You didn't even think of me, or your family? God, Sarah! What would have happened if Ryan hadn't seen you?" I continued.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again. Ever." she responded.

I threw my arms around her and started crying. She reciprocated the hug with equal emotions.

"If you're dealing with something, talk to us. Please don't try to end your life. Your life is very precious. At least to me." my voice came out all croaky.

"I know. And I'm really sorry."

"I love you, Si"

"I love you too, Court."

We tightened our hold and cried for a really long time.

The thought of losing her was an arrow to my heart.