003. A HUGE MESS

The cab stopped in front of a huge gate and two people stepped out of the car. Both took their luggage slowly taking steps towards the huge gate. They were none other than Yeji and Xander. The guards, as soon as they saw Yeji, they were left shocked. They quickly opened the gate for Yeji and Xander.

Yeji and Xander walked towards the huge mansion's main gate. Before they could even reach it, the gate began to swing open, revealing Yeji's stepmother on the other side. At first surprised, her stepmother's face quickly transformed into a warm smile as she rushed forward, wrapping Yeji in a tight embrace.

"Yeji! How are you?"
Her step mother, Mrs. Hwang asked with a smile. She was caressing her head until her eyes fell on the blue eyed, blonde man who didn't seem Korean. Yeji looked at Mrs. Hwang noticing him so she put her hand on Xander's shoulder.

"Mom, this is Xander."
Yeji introduced and Mrs. Hwang smiled brightly.

"Oh so you're Xander! You're most welcome dear."
Mrs. Hwang said politely. Yeji and Xander followed her as they made their way towards the living area, the sound of their footsteps echoing softly against the polished floor.

"I love you Yeonjun!"
Yeonjun looked at his boss Yujin with surprise. Earlier, he had his head lowered but now rage was visible in his eyes.

"I'm sorry ma'am, what?"
Yeonjun again prompted Yujin to speak but when she said the same thing again, Yeonjun knew that he heard everything right.

"But ma'am-"

"Listen to me, if you reject me, I'll fire you from this job but if you accept my proposal, I can promote you to be a general manager!"
Yujin offered a seemingly profitable deal for Yeonjun but he only showed disgust in his expressions for her.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I can't let my self respect get crushed by you for a mere position in your office."
Yeonjun said with hatred and Yujin was raging with anger.

"Well then, get out!"
She yelled and Yeonjun started walking away without any guilt or disappointment which made her even angrier.

Just when Yeonjun reached up to the door knob to open the door. Yujin held his hand to which Yeonjun looked at her with surprise. His eyes widened in shock as he witnessed her scratching her neck vigorously until it began to bleed.  She then smudged her lipstick badly and tousled her hair and it took uglier turn when she tore the strap of her dress but Yeonjun quickly averted his gaze and before Yeonjun knew, Yujin started shouting and screaming for help and soon, he saw a bunch of employees in her cabin surrounding both of them.

"Please save me- he-he tried to harass me!"
Yujin hid behind one of employee. Yeonjun was looking at the whole scene in shock. One hand came forward to hit him but someone held the hand. It was Beomgyu.

"Do you all have any evidence that he tried to harass her?"
Beomgyu yelled at the crowd but no one was ready to believe him.

"What do you mean by evidence? Can't you see how badly Yujin is crying?"
One male employee said and Beomgyu looked at Yujin and then at Yeonjun who was still shocked.

"Why are you seeing only one side of the story? Let Yeonjun prove himself too!"
Beomgyu said while looking at the crowd who started to believe in him.

"I did not do anything."
Yeonjun said firmly after analysing the situation.

"What kind of person are you? You're still trying to justify this behavior?"
A female employee yelled at Yeonjun.

"Oh yeah? Did you see him doing something inappropriate to any of you all these years?"
Beomgyu again yelled silencing the whole crowd. It was true that Yeonjun was known in the office for his kind and gentle behavior.

"Well if he's innocent then why's boss crying so hard? Why would she lie about such a sensitive thing?"
That employee again spoke.

"Yeonjun is well aware that she's our boss and he would never do anything to put his job and respect on stake! Let him prove himself!"
Beomgyu again yelled in anger.

"Fine! But if he doesn't prove himself right, you've to resign!"
The girl yelled at Beomgyu making him clench his jaws.

"I would gladly leave this company where innocent employees get framed for personal benefits!"
Beomgyu said and he fixated his gaze towards Yujin who started stealing glances from him.

Beomgyu and Yeonjun then left the office with their eyebrows creased with tension.

"Thank you."
Yeonjun said to Beomgyu with a bitter smile.

"For what?"
Beomgyu asked getting clueless.

"Don't act clueless now."
Yeonjun said getting frustrated.

"Even I wouldn't have believed in you if you weren't my best friend and if I didn't hear your and Yujin's conversation."
Beomgyu finally said and Yeonjun looked at him with surprised expressions.

"You heard our conversation?"
Yeonjun again asked to confirm to which Beomgyu nodded too.

"But how will I arrange the proof?"
Yeonjun again asked and now, Beomgyu started thinking too.

"Can I help?"

As they both heard a sweet voice, they turned around to discover its source, only to be taken aback by the sight of a tall, blonde girl with captivating emerald eyes. She approached them with a warm smile, causing them both to freeze in shock.

"Who are you? What are you talking about?"
Beomgyu asked the girl.

"Oh, my name's Alice Harrison."
The girl introduced herself while Yeonjun and Beomgyu were shocked after seeing her fluency in the language.

"Just get the cctv footage of her cabin."
Alice's casual remark stunned Yeonjun and Beomgyu, who stared at her in horror. Without even detailing the problem, this unfamiliar girl had effortlessly proposed a solution. Their jaws were about to drop as they gazed at her in disbelief.

"Who are you exactly? And how do you know about it?!"
Yeonjun asked Alice.

"Oh well, for now, just know that I'm here to help people like you and I will tell you the rest later."
Alice announced making Beomgyu and Yeonjun even surprised.

"But you need to get your hands on the footage before Yujin."
Alice, the mysterious girl, again said but Yeonjun and Beomgyu knew that she was saying right.

Just a minute later, they saw Alice looking at her phone with a smile.

"Wow, Lucy is so amazing. I swear, I'll marry her once I meet her. These poems are truly magic."
Alice said. Yeonjun and Beomgyu knew which Lucy she was talking about. Yeonjun glared at her a little while Beomgyu was enjoying Yeonjun's irritated expressions.

"Looks like you've met your opponent."
Beomgyu whispered in Yeonjun's ear.

Invisible they seem, like shadows in the night.
But you, a beacon, radiate with light.