Chapter 17

__________________________________

Hey y'all🙃 The last chapter was quite short so I decided to give you two updates today. Enjoy🤍

__________________________________

She was supposed be working. The online underclothes project was interesting. Normally, she'd have finished by now. But she simply could not look at underwear, even the word underwear, and not think of Taehyung.

The desk drawer where she kept her phone beckoned to her. She wanted to text him. Was that . . . allowed? Aside from that night at her office, they'd only texted for logistical purposes.

She tapped her fingers on the surface of her desk before she fisted her hand. How was she supposed to seduce him if she couldn't get up the nerve to send him a simple text message? She dug her phone out.

Lalisa🤓🔥:

Hi_| :

She deleted the message before sending it.

Lalisa🤓🔥:

I miss you_| :

Just the sight of those words made her palms sweat. Too direct. Delete.

Lalisa🤓🔥:

I wanted to confirm our plans for tonight.:

She hit send and placed the phone on her desk as she stared at her computer monitors without seeing a single thing. The screen on her phone went black from inactivity. He was probably busy.

Her phone vibrated, but instead of buzzing once to indicate she'd gotten a text message, it kept buzzing. A phone call.

She peeked at the screen, and her heart jumped when she saw it was Taehyung. She hugged the phone to her chest before answering it. "Hello?"

"Hi, Lalisa." In the background, his mom gabbed in Vietnamese and a sewing machine whirred. "I need both hands so I decided to call you back instead of texting. We're still on for tonight. That Thai place in Famille Station."

"Okay, I'll meet you there."

"Perfect."

The sewing machine paused, and silence hung in the virtual space between them. She willed him to speak. She wanted to hear his voice again.

"Remember clothes. For my place. Unless you don't want to stay there. You don't have to," she said in a rush.

"No, I'm fine with that. I just forgot. Thanks for reminding me." He chuckled, and Lisa's hands tightened on the phone. She really, really missed him, and it had only been a day since she'd seen him last.

His mom said something, and he sighed. "I have to go. Looking forward to tonight. Miss you. Bye."

Her breath caught before she murmured, "Miss you, too." The line had already disconnected, however, and she said the words to herself.

How did other people get through their day when they missed someone like this? She wanted to see him.

She tapped on her phone's photo bank, and found it, as she'd known it would be, empty. Feeling impulsive, she texted Taehyung again.

Lalisa🤓🔥:

I want a picture of you for my phone.: