Chapter 1 | | When the First Moon Rose

Word Count: 1528 total words

Just-About-Born-Cat-Ville was the place that every cat lived before they were born. Most of them had a house. Some of them lived in apartments. When a cat is first born, they move from Just-About-Born-Cat-Ville to Earth. I've experienced the same thing. Unlike other cats, something was quite different about being on Earth, like how when the moon first rises, the sun disappears into the Earth. 

When I was there, my life flew away. 

In my past, here's what changed my life.

I'm a just-before-born cat. Every cat who's here is a just-before-born cat. 

I woke up early one morning to find that everything in my house was gone. The sun was out, the other cats were all awake, something strange had just happened to me.

I got up from my little white bed and crawled out of the house. Everyone around me was congratulating me. I got a little confused and stopped in the middle of the town.

Everyone started huddling around me. I jumped up and turned around. I saw a giant, massive machine that could summon magical tornadoes. The machine summoned one that included fire. Everyone around me started yelling and congratulating me even more.

I tried to move around, but the wind was too strong to let me. It picked me up and set me on fire. It spun me around and my little body disappeared, as the tornado threw my ashes into a portal.

I saw myself spinning around even more. I looked down at my paws. I wasn't dead, I was alive!

"What just happened?"

I whispered. A strange shadow came up to me and nodded.

"You've been born, kid. Good luck out into the world!"

"What did you say?"

"You've been born!"

He walked out of the portal, someway and I kept spinning. eventually, the portal dropped me. I was in the real world. I walked around the place and suddenly saw my mother, who's just been cooking up some tasty-looking fish. 

"Morning! You ready for breakfast, my new child?" 

I nodded my head and meowed. My mother gave me a tiny piece of fish, that wasn't even the size of its little tail!

"What, this is all I get?"

My mother smacked my forehead. 

"You may not talk to me like that!"

"I'm just asking in a calm manner." 

"That was not calm! You're acting like a pest! You're acting like a filthy piece of blood! You're acting like a spoiled child who doesn't know anything about good attitudes! Knock it off, young one!"

My mom hissed back at me once more.

"You better be a good cat or else I have a bad surprise for you! Behave yourself!"

"What do you mean?"

I replied, in a worried tone.

"Are you scared? Good! I hope you'll never be successful in life and you do not deserve to be successful at all!"

In my mom's voice, I knew she was being sarcastic. I wondered so badly what she was going to do with me and the rest of my life. 

"What will my name be?"

I asked. 

"I don't know, but I do know that it has to be simple!"

Mom replied.