17. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘴

"So, you're still not talking to Klaus or Damon?" Marnie asked as she plopped down beside Arabella onto the couch. A few days had passed since Klaus and Arabella had talked, and the original hybrid left multiple voicemails and texts, but Arabella did not respond to one.

"Nope." Arabella shook her head. The heretic had no desire to talk to either Damon or Klaus.

"Well they both have been blowing up my phone." Marnie groaned as she grabbed the wine bottle from the coffee table and poured herself a glass. "So can you please talk to them, they're annoying me."

"I have nothing to say to either one of them." Arabella sighed as she grabbed the bottle of wine from Marnie's hand and brought it to her lips. "They're both dicks." She mumbled against the bottle before taking a sip.

"What if one of the dicks wants to apologize?" A voice announced as Arabella and Marnie looked up. Damon and Alexander were standing in the doorway.

"Hey, little sis." Alexander smiled towards his sister before turning his head to face Marnie. "Let's give them some alone time, Mar." He nodded his head towards the front door. Marnie quickly nodded as she stood up from beside Arabella.

"So, Marnie told you about Lexi?" Damon asked as the awkward tension filled the air. Damon knew what pain was caused by killing the blonde vampire, but in the moment, he did not care.

"Yeah." Arabella breathed as she turned her body to face the raven haired vampire. "Why did you do it, Damon?" The heretic asked as anger began to run through her whole body. "And why did you never tell me?" Tears began to form in her eyes, the feeling of betrayal mixed with her anger.

"I just did, Bels." He sighed as guilt started building inside of him. "And because I knew it would hurt you." An unexpected sharp pain began in Damon's jaw as he realized Arabella had just punched him. "That was deserved." He mumbled as he brought his hand to the place where Arabella's fist met his jaw.

"You're a dick." Arabella sighed as she glared at her best friend. "And Lexi didn't deserve that, neither did Stefan." She let out another sigh. "But what hurts the most is you didn't even have the balls to tell me."

"Look," Damon sighed "I'm sorry, Bels." Damon could not think of a live without Arabella as his best friend, he would not know what to do without her.

Arabella sat there, unable to respond to what Damon had just said. She knew no matter how much Damon Salvatore pissed her off, she could not imagine a life without him as her best friend. "I don't think I'm the one who you need to be apologizing to." She mumbled, referring to Stefan, who needed Lexi more than ever in his current state.

"I know." Damon agreed. "But are we good?" He asked with a sense of hope running through his voice.

"No, Damon; we're not." Arabella snapped as she stood up from the couch as her anger took over her body. "You killed Lexi for no fucking reason!" Her anger began to boil inside of her yet again. "And you can't even give me a good reason." She snapped.

"Oh whatever, Arabella!" Damon began to argue back. "I don't want to hear it from you! Stefan told me all about your little crush on Klaus!" He snapped back. The youngest Salvatore had informed his brother about the flirty comments and looks the heretic and hybrid shared on their roadtrip. "Are you that pathetic?" His questioned hit Arabella deep as the memories of her father screaming the same question at her came rushing back. "And you're stupid to think he'd like you back."

"Get the fuck out." She mumbled as tears began to form in her eyes. The pain she felt coursing through her body was unlike anything she had ever felt.

"Arabella, I'm sor-" Damon instantly felt the guilt rushing over him as he realized what he had just said to her. "Bels..."