18. 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨

"What the hell happened between you and Klaus last night, Arabella?" Marnie asked with a smirk plastered across her face as she plopped onto the bed next to the heretic. "And what happened between you and Damon?"

Arabella let out a sigh as she sat against the headboard of the bed. "I don't know with Damon anymore, Marnie." She answered as she let the words Damon spoke the night before. Her and the eldest Salvatore had their fair share of arguments throughout their lifetime, but never did Damon say the words he said. "He said things that I don't know if I could forgive him for."

"What did he say?" Marnie asked with anger dripping through her voice.

"He said I was pathetic and stupid for ever thinking Klaus would fall for me." Arabella whispered as the pain washed over her yet again. Never did Arabella think her and Damon could potentially not be in each other's lives, but in that moment, she started to believe that it could happen.

"I'll kill him." Marnie felt rage fill her entire body. She knew the words Damon said were words that Arabella's father told her as a child, and Damon knew that better than anyone. "He's a fucking idiot, Arabella. Don't listen to him." Marnie sighed as she wrapped her arms around Arabella. "But what about Klaus?" Marnie teased as Arabella laid in her arms.

Arabella could not help the smile that formed on her face after she let out a sigh. "I should hate him, I really should. I mean, he's a narcissistic, paranoid asshole, but I can't help the way I feel when I'm around him."

"You're in love with him duh." Marnie rolled her eyes at Arabella's oblivious nature, earning a glare from the heretic. "Oh don't give me that look! You know I'm right." Marnie defended herself before she spoke again. "Like come on, the last man you talked about like that was..." The brunette trailed off, knowing it was a sensitive subject for the heretic.

"You can say Stefan." Arabella sighed as she sat up from Marnie's arms and turned to face her. "Yes, Stefan and I were in love at one point, but Katherine ruined that." She explained in a whisper as the memories of her and Stefan came flooding back into her mind. The truth was, if Katherine Pierce had never arrived to Mystic Falls in 1864, Stefan and Arabella would have lived happily ever after.

"Do you still have those feelings for Stefan?" Marnie as hesitantly. "I mean, your humanity was off for the first fifteen years we were vampires because of Stefan and Katherine."

"I'll always have love for Stefan, he's one of my best friends, but I could never fall in love with him again, especially..."  Arabella began to answer, but Marnie cut her off.

"Because of Klaus." Marnie finished Arabella's words. "But speaking of the immortal hybrid, what happened last night when he came over?" Marnie smirked, hoping the two confessed their love for one another finally.

Arabella rolled her eyes at Marnie's facial expression before she answered. "Well, he apologized for what happened at the Lockwood's, charmed his way into me accepting his apology, then kissed me, and then told me he'll make me want to give in." Arabella summed up the events that happened the night before.

"Why don't you give in, Arabella?" Marnie asked as she unwrapped her arms from the heretic's body. "I get there is some sort of prophecy involving you two, but what is the other reason you won't give into your feelings for him?" Marnie looked at Arabella, waiting for an honest answer.

"It terrifies me." Arabella answered in a quiet voice. The thought of her being with Klaus petrified her, but thrilled her at the same time, something that she had never felt. The heretic knew falling for Klaus was dangerous, but that made her fall more. Arabella had craved a loved that was unexpected, thrilling, and even a little dangerous, and Klaus had fulfilled that craving, even if she was not ready to give in just yet.