⁰⁰⁵Braids

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄ ⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

introducing...

📞

! chapter five !

by eve

🕯️

now playing...

! alright - ekkastcy + the kid laroi !

! blonde - current joys !

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄ ⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

Once I get off work I immediately rush to my car, buckling into the white leathered seats and twisting the keys into the ignition. Right when I pull the clutch shift toward myself and is about to start driving I get a call. My phone sounds methodically throughout the car, my eyes quickly glancing to it, reading the name shown. It's Mom. I quickly pick up my phone and rushingly answer the call, given that I have already taken so long to answer and she knows I'm off work already.

"Hello?" I ask to the silence.

"Hi honey, how are you doing?" she speaks in a hushed tone.

"I'm good...Is there something wrong? You usually never call me," I say, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Well, I...I don't know how to say this but, um, your grandad is coming over for Fathers day weekend," she says, rushing her last words like she is losing breath, like a hand is wrapped around her neck. Then, once I realize what she said, all that movement in my body stills, a small breeze running over my body, chilling my spine.

"Oh, okay," I say breathlessly, scared for the events that are going to follow his visit. My throat is struggling to catch breath, like I'm gagging on smoke.

"I'm so, so sorry honey, I tried to tell him to not come, that we are going to be out of the town this weekend but he read right through the lie," she says, and it sounds like she is crying.

"Okay..." a small silence settles us, allowing our thoughts to run. "Oh, also. My friends are going to the beach and they invited me to come. I know you didn't like it when I came home late yesterday so um, can I go today?"

"Of course honey, thanks for asking. When do you think you are coming back though?" Her tenseness loosens, her words clearer, like the hand is loosening the grip around her throat.

"Probably around eight or eight-thirty," I say warmly, like our last couple words weren't just laced with danger and concern.

"Okay, have fun!" she says and ends the call before I can say anything else.

Then I bring the phone away from my ear, dropping my hands into my lap. I stare out in front of me, gazing at the setting sun. Then, a minute later, I clutch the steering wheel and drive to the beach with a sigh. My once happy aura dissolved to mush, now urging me to just drive home, curl up in a hall on my bed and cry, cry , cry. But I can't let Matt and his brothers down by just not showing up. Or at least I think those were Matt's brothers; maybe triplets?

When I arrive at the beach I can already see Matt and his brothers there. I quickly walk down to the beach, kick off my shoes and go to sit next to them.

"Hey," Matt says, the remaining sun shining on his face, his blue eyes glowing.

"Hi," I say, sitting next to him in the sand, his brothers on the other side of him.