2 - school

Johnnie

I was wrong. It hurt. A lot.

"You brat! You will follow our orders, and only our orders! You do not fall asleep whenever you want! You do not eat whenever you want! And you do not do whatever you want!" Frank yelled at me as he landed a blow to my eye.

He turned away from me, getting ready to close the door. He stopped for a second. "If you ever tell anybody about this... I will beat your ass ten times harder." He said as he slammed my door shut.

I sobbed, gingerly laying a finger on top of my eye he'd hit. Tears streamed down my face, my makeup running down my cheeks. This foster home was the worst one I've been to yet, and it's not even been one day.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sat on the floor of my room for what seemed to be hours, until somebody opened the door to my room. It wasn't Frank or Marie. Instead it was a rather old woman.

She poked her head in the room before speaking. "Sleep time. Go to bed now. Hurry up." The woman said with a rather soft British accent. What the fuck is this house?

"W-who are you?" I asked her nervously. "The maid of this household." She replied with a sigh.

"Oh." I whispered as she shut my door and walked out. This home is fucking crazy. Luckily I'm going to school tomorrow, so hopefully that gives me a chance to escape this hellhole.

At least I can sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up the next morning, still tired. I looked at the clock on my bedside table. 7:00am. Ok. That gives me about fifteen minutes to get ready.

I got up and walked over to the bathroom inside of my room. I looked into the mirror, seeing that my eye had turned purplish and swollen overnight. It's fine. I'll just cover it up with makeup.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As I finished getting ready, I snuck downstairs, avoiding anybody in sight. I finally got to the front door and hurriedly ran out of the mansion.

The bus stop can't be far from here, right? I walked around a bit before I finally found the bus stop. I sat for a minute until I saw the giant yellow bus driving over to the stop.

It stopped and I hopped inside, trying to find an empty seat. I walked to the back of the bus, searching desperately for a seat. "You can sit next to me." I heard a voice come from right next to me.

I looked to where the voice came from, and saw a boy with a mullet wearing rock star like clothing. If I'm being honest, he looked really cool.

I sat down next to him, placing my backpack on my lap. "Thanks." I said, looking over at him.

"So, are you new here?" The guy asked me.

"Yeah." I replied softly.

"Jake." He said, extending his hand towards me in gesture of shaking it.

"Johnnie." He shook my hand quiet softly.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••