Chapter Eleven

Moon 

It's been a week since I asked Luna to be my girlfriend on our date at Han River. Which she told me 'no'. Was I surprised absolutely not, am I disappointed yes yes I am. It honestly felt like the right moment and the right time for me to ask her to finally be mine, all that pondering, all that wondering I just couldn't hold myself any longer. But I knew I put her in a tough spot, especially after everything she had been through in her previous relationship. As I proceeded to make my way to my studio, it felt like a long walk while being stuck in my thoughts thinking about the situation and her. Hoping I somehow didn't cause any awkwardness between the both of us, I mean she couldn't even look me in my eyes after I took her home that night nor answer my texts for goodness sake. The pain of a hopeless romantic  

 I sat down on the couch rubbing at my temples trying to figure out what my next move is going to be, then walked in my buddy Ha-ru standing in front of me "What's happening here?". Classical Ha-ru questioning me while I am going through a crisis here. "Nothing" moving my hands away from my temples and placing them on opposite ends of my body, "You seem weird, what's going on?". I watched him as he crosses both his arms across his chest, silently observing me awaiting my response. I honestly just sigh what more can I say the feeling of defeat makes itself present. "I asked Luna to be my girlfriend last week", Ha-ru just stared at me with no sense of a reaction to the news I just shared with him "And what did she say?". "No" I get up from the couch I was comfortably sitting on charging for the sound mixing board Ha-ru sounding ever so shocked at my revelation. It felt like a huge truck hit my guts as I am sharing this with him, I could not describe the feeling I am feeling right now I wish I could describe it in so many different ways but I can't. Actually, I just don't want to, The most beautiful woman I really like low-key rejected me without giving it a second thought now sharing it with my best friend feels embarrassing honestly. "What did you do after that?" judging by Ha-ru's demeanour he wants to know more, and I don't wish to share anymore it's frustrating. "Let's just drop it please I have enough going on". I sit on the chair near my sound mixing board getting ready to finish off this demo for one of my artists set to drop in a months' time. Ha-ru sits right next to me as one of our artists Sooyoung walks in ready to start recording this demo.

Long day long life 

8 hours have gone by since we started recording Sooyoung's demo adding some final touches to her song. If there is one thing I truly enjoy about making music is the process of it, from making the sound to creating or adding more items such as bass, FX, Tempo you name it. It is just a true blessing to be a part of this process and having people listen to the music I create, is just the cherry on the cake "Alright we're done for the day" stretching my upper body from sitting on the chair all day. Sooyoung stepping out the recording booth and entering the room me and Ha-ru are working in "that was an intense session today don't you think" Sooyoung smiling. I enjoy her work ethic and how she conducts herself when we work together. To be real she is one of the best RNB artists I've worked with so far, she makes music just so lively with her voice and presence too. Her love for music makes my job all the more enjoyable and fun, especially during our sessions together. I started as a producer coming up just making music for myself and having fun while doing it, My friends Ha-ru and Dae-Hyun loved it so much that they had some underground musicians call me up and the rest was history. People enjoyed my music so much that the entertainment companies started calling to see if I wouldn't mind working for them and sharing my gifted talent with the world. I preferred my music being 'low-key' wanting a handful of people who truly love and understand the fundamentals of the music I am creating to be heard. Even the biggest entertainment companies were giving me the biggest offers at hand. I chose to refuse the offer proposed to me I was fine with making the music not necessarily making money, I found my now company in addition to it all I am content with it. "You seem so down Yeojun what's on your mind?" I felt Sooyoung lightly lay her hand on my shoulder trying to give me some comfort "Nothing don't worry about it" I turned to face her giving her a small smile, apart from her being my colleague I do consider her a good friend. "He got rejected by the girl he really likes so he's in a shit mood today" Ha-ru interjects our conversation, the little bastard and his big mouth I'll get him for this later. Witnessing him smirk after revealing this, Sooyoung stares at me with shock in her eyes, "Wait he has someone his interested in?" Sooyoung questioning the fact that I am interested in any women, especially a woman like Luna,I feel like disappearing but I won't let this affect me not professional at the very least. "It's okay I am okay don't listen to this asshole and yes I have someone I'm interested in, why does this seem like a shocking revelation?". I felt Sooyoung's hand tighten on my shoulder a little as if trying to tell me that it is okay. If I wanted to talk about it yet I remain nonchalant regarding the situation. In fact, my pride won't let me shred a speck of concern, I don't want to continue this conversation trying to change the topic at hand that was until I got an iMessage notification on my phone. I reached for my phone on the desk situated on the left side of my mixing board, I swipe to see who is it from and to my surprise it's Luna.