Chapter Two

That's new, someone sacrificing to me. Could it be.. No his mother wouldn't have told him would she?

Let's just hope he doesn't figure everything else out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a start.

What was that about? "Figure everything out"

Like, huh? Is that supposed to be obvious but it really wasn't.

"Dorian? You up?" The blond asked. "Yeah man, why was I out?" I questioned. "Dude you don't remember?" I shook my head no. "In capture the flag, you did some shadow movements and ended up getting whacked with a sword in the head and lights out" He said "Who?"

"Some ares camper never really got his name" Malcom replied. "Alright, Wait shadow stuff?" I asked nervously. "Yeah, You could be a Son of Hades" he said. "Oh, Alright uh thanks for that probability". I awkwardly responded. "Not a problem".

"Anyways, I should probably fill you in on everything that's been going on recently" he said. "Sure..." I trailed off curiously. "So, Our lead hero disappeared, his girlfriends searching everywhere. And we've mostly been dealing with stirring goddesses and chaos has basically unfolded" he replied, "Oh, Sounds lovely" I chirped. "I know right" he moved his blond hair out of his face.

I got up out of bed and while walking out of the infirmary room, walked into a girl with platinum colored hair, and icy blue eyes.

She stuttered out "S-Sorry I was in a r-rush this morning." I smiled sympathetically before helping her pick up her papers. "Thanks." She said "Not a problem." I replied. "So..... What's your name?" I asked. "Jazzlyn" she replied. "Pretty name" I said. "Thanks, and you?" She questioned. "Dorian Nightshade" her eyes flickered in something that looked a little bit like familiarity before she said: "Let's be friends"

"Alright?" I said.

"Daughter of Khione by the way" She replied "Good to know" I said, the slightest smirk covering my face. "What about you?" She asked. "Unclaimed" I murmured. "Not for long, the gods have to claim their kids. It was made a law after Percy won the wars".

"I don't think I'm getting claimed anytime soon" I said quietly. "What was that?" She asked. "Nothing"

"So anyways, I'm gonna go get some decent sleep in. Bye Jazzlyn" I said and ran off not hearing her response.

Eventually once I got back to my 'temporary' cabin I noticed nobody was in, probably training or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jazzlyn Pov:

Dorian Nightshade... Nightshade.... Where have I heard that?

I looked to the slowly darkening sky and thought "stars".

That girl! I gasped out loud.

I ran towards the infirmary looking for Malcom. I saw him in the room Dorian came out of. I caught him just as he was walking out.

"Malcom!" I whispered harshly. "Hm?" He grumbled. "Nightshade." "Sound familiar?" I asked "And they look the same" he mumbled. I dragged him over to a temporarily secure area

"Look we can't tell him about her, Not yet at least. If he doesn't know it's probably for a reason" Malcom replied. "Nobody told Thalia about Jason and look where they ended up, in a strained relationship without any huge connections. Do you want to lose your friend?" I said

"Of course not, and yes I know that their relationship is rocky right now but that doesn't mean all sibling relationships end up in failure. I mean most campers get along and most of them have siblings with one another"
He argued

"That's because you all grew up together, He didn't, at least. Not likely. I mean she was immortal, how would he know who she was and all" I retorted.

"I mean what if he died, Rebirth and all? Was there anything about Atlas having a son? Or the River Lethe's waters failing partially?" He asked. "Nothing documented" I answered.

"Look, we can't tell anybody about this, should we just tell him to only say his first name from now on? Most campers know the legendary Zoe Nightshade" Malcom said.

"What about Zoe?" A voice asked from behind. "Will? Is that you?" I asked turning around. "Yes, I know your first thought about him was about Zoe, but don't tell him. Don't tell the camp directors. Don't tell anyone else, anything here stays quiet" Will remarked

"Fine, Let's hope your siblings don't interrogate us for anything related to Dorian then" Malcom replied walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fine, Let's hope your siblings don't interrogate us for anything related to Dorian then" I watched Malcom say.

"What is that supposed to mean" I noticed I never seemed to get things figured out very well. Or at all.

Walking up from the strange dream I recalled the conversation I had on my way.

"Who are you?" Someone asked. "Dorian" I didn't say the last name because it didn't feel right. "Unique name" The stranger replied. "And you?" I asked.

"That can remain a secret until I deem necessary" He said. I dropped my ring then bent down to grab it and when I stood back up. The stranger was gone.

"Weird" I murmured. I went back taking notice to the darkening environment. As if the shadows were bending on their own.

Strange occurrence. Does this happen to everyone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not exactly 1k words but I think I did well.

I've had writers block for weeks now sorry for the super late update. And I've had exams. Thank you for your patience and hope you enjoyed the first 2 chapters

Who do you think the 'stranger' is.

Gods I love knowing how it's gonna end. (Might know how it ends, just not how I'm getting there)

Welcome bitches.

•The Alex who Writes•