Chapter Four

I barely got any sleep. I felt someone nearing and fell off the bed.

"Shit!" I yelled. "Need some help?" Will asked. "Mm, I'm good. Maybe don't wake me up next time?" I said. "Just here for an update, then you can sleep your heart away." He replied. "Good" I murmured. "Head?" He questioned "Fine" I answered. "Arm?"

That's when I noticed there was a bandage on my arm. "Damn I'm blind" I replied. "Doesn't hurt" "Good-" A black haired boy appeared from Will's shadow and was about to collapse. "Will" he breathed out sounding exasperated. "Nico?" He asked "What are you doing here? I thought you were visiting your dad."

"I wasn't, I'm sorry for lying and disappearing for ages but I've been busy ok, I've been on the search for Percy and I've found something but if I tell you, you can't tell the teachers or the gods, not under any circumstance" He answered. "Maybe later, now we need to get you checked out" Will replied.

Nico stood up from the floor and met my eyes. "Why do you feel familiar, you don't look familiar but you feel. What is your name?" He asked me. "Dorian. Dorian Nightshade" I answered. He sunk back down to the floor in sadness and remembrance.

"Nico, it's not confirmed, don't flip out yet" Will said. "Sister. Gone. Atlas. Nightshade" Nice kept repeating, over and over. Will sighed. "I'm gonna go check up on his energy and well-being go get sleep, you're healthy and perfectly fine but if anything bothers you let me or Kayla know" He walked out gently pulling a distant Nico's arm directing him out of the cabin.

"Sister? What do I have to do with his sister" I wondered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third Person:

"Nico, sit still I need to see something" Will said. "Mhm" Nico replied absentmindedly. "Didn't I tell you to stop with the shadow traveling so much?" Will asked. "What?" Nico said, coming out of a daze. "Nico" Will paused, his eyes pleading. "Stop shadow traveling so much. It could kill you eventually you know." "But would anyone care?" Nico asked silently. "I would." The normally bright son of Apollo replied. "Just please, Take a break, see your dad I don't care what you do. But don't shadow travel so much".

Grumbling, Nico asked with. "Can I hang out with you?"

Will's eyes widened and he answered. "S-Sure, after from my doctor shift's of course we can spend time together"

Suddenly Kayla, Will's sister walked in saying rather loudly, "Brother, your shifts over and I'm covering your shifts for the rest of the day. Feel free to hang out with your 'friend' all day." Nico was deep in thought, that he didn't notice the faint blush spreading on Will's cheeks.

"Uh thanks Kayla." Will murmured. "Where to?" The blonde asked. "McDonald's" Nico responded. "Sure, but tell me what you were going to earlier" He said. "I found Percy." He deadpanned. "He's with the Roman campers, we can't save him though. He is supposed to stay with them, I don't know why but the course of fate cannot be changed."

"I won't tell"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobody is telling me anything. This week I've been with Jazzlyn and Malcolm and they have been acting strange, they know something I don't but won't say.

I'm not gonna say I needed to know but they act weird about it.

Lying on a mattress in the partially-empty Khione cabin I looked at Jazzlyn and she seemed deep in thought.

I asked her, "What's on your mind?"

Sitting up straight, she answered. "Nothing, I've just been wondering about my family recently" I left it at that, not wanting to make her uncomfortable or anything. She started sighing dramatically. "What?" I asked. "Are you seriously not gonna ask why?" She said.

"Do you want me to?" I questioned. "Kinda" she replied. "Fine, Why?" I sighed. "Ok so first off, my dad sent me here when I was like, 8, and I've been here for like 7 years, basically never seen a school system, only see my dad like once a year, Not very much. He's getting remarried and I don't know if I should go to the wedding or not. They already have two kids, And I was invited". She ranted.

"You should go, even though the relationship may be tight and strained, doesn't mean he wouldn't like to see you again" I said. "You sure?" She asked. "Definitely, I mean. Who wouldn't wanna see you" I smiled.

"Thanks Dorian! Your a lifesaver" She replied. "Your welcome?" I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jazzlyn left for the weekend, hoping to make it in time for her father's wedding. Will and Nico were busy, so today I was hanging out with Malcolm.

"What you working on?" I asked. "Hm? Oh just a project for a new arena on Olympus, Annabeth is the head designer and I'm the co-designer, Hopefully we get it done soon. Ares said he needed an area to beat the other gods in battles" He answered.

"I'm going to pretend to know why, but congrats!" I replied. Shaking his head he said: "Do you wanna go outside and practice weaponry?"

"Obviously, who wouldn't? Besides I can't rely on whatever powers I have to do things." I said. "By the way, the Hunters of Artemis are planning a visit so I'd recommend not spending too much time near the woods or you might get shot with an arrow" He replied.

"Now let's go to the weapon shack and get you a sword!" He cheered. "Yay! Weapons" I said.

~~~~~~

I picked up an all black sword and Malcolm looked at me worriedly, "What?" I asked "That's Stygian Iron, you should be dead" He replied. "Oh wow, not the first thing I'd expect, but no it seems I am not dead." I said.

"Your a descendent of a being of darkness then" He smiled. "Only a few options of your parentage then"
"Mm, interesting" I said, I already know who but sure, best not to tell anyone anyways.

After about an hour or so of practicing (without stabbing of course) Eventually we took a break. Sitting down on a rock in the clearing we found, drinking water and arrow whizzed past us. Nearly missing my hand.

"Ladies, we're just practicing, no need to kill us" Malcolm said raising his hands in surrender.

"Whose the new guy? he feels familiar" One said. "Dorian Nightshade, not a pleasure to meet you considering you tried to hit me with an arrow. " I answered.

An older one murmured something about 'Atlas' and 'Zoe'. Second time someone has said that I thought.

"Well, we'll be on our way, enjoy your stay" Malcolm said before dragging me back towards the camp.

~~~~~~~~

Ive been doing so well with my writing, in about a week I managed to update all three of my stories ✨

Hope this is 'interesting' enough of course, not much plot development 💀...

YOUR WELCOME READERS [not many] ✨✨

-Alex