case of the missing brother pt 3

A few days after aethers kidnapping I returned to class. I walked to the greenhouse for my plant science class with Ei and Miko. Ei was still shaken up but she was doing better. When we walked in and sat down Professor Tignari called me over to his desk and said "Hi Lumine I heard about what happened to your brother and I just wanted to say don't worry about the work you missed. Just get it in by the end of the semester and you get full credit"

"ok thank you," I said walking back to my seat.

"ok class, tomorrow we will start a project about plants. You will pick one exotic plant from any of the 8 regions of teyvat and research it. Today you will pick an exotic plant and gather basic information about it. For example how long it takes to sprout or bloom. What unique properties does it have? What elements does it relate to etc? Now I will go over the rubric this project is 100 points."

As he's talking I see Ei seem to zone out. She seems calmer in this classroom especially since Scaramouche isn't here today. According to Miko, Ei has been crying the last few days. I have to tell her it's not her fault-. my thoughts get interrupted by a sudden crash.

As Professor Tighnari crouched down to clean up a broken plant pot and the scattered dirt, he apologized by saying "Oops, sorry about that." he cleaned up the mess and said "ok now this is the only time I want you guys to look up different plants from a region of your choice and research it. if you have any questions I'll be sitting at my desk"

I opened up my laptop and decided what region to research when Miko asked me "What region are you doing?"

"I might do Khanreiah it is my home region after all," I said

"I'm gonna do Inazuma the electro plants are really pretty," Miko said

"ok I feel like we should start our research," I said turning toward my laptop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later I'm walking back to my dorm after my classes and I look at a bulletin board with a bunch of miscellaneous posters. One of the posters was for a magic show. the magician was wearing a red and black outfit with blondish hair. The assistant had a teal and black outfit with blondish hair but with cat ears and a tail. the poster read "Lyney and Lynette magic show. Monday 8 pm" I ripped down the poster because underneath it was Aether's missing poster.

"some idiot put a poster over a missing poster?" I said out loud

"Yes, it's pretty idiotic. isn't it?" a voice said

"Ya," I said, "I'm sorry who are you?" I looked to my right and saw Scaramouche "You?"

"I'm sorry about your brother," he said walking away

"The heck?" I said confused. I ran back to my dorm "was he involved in his kidnapping?"I thought. When I get there I text Ajax

Ajax <3

Lumine: ajax can you please come to my dorm?

Ajax: sure what's wrong?

lumine: it would take too long to explain over text I'll tell you when you get here

Ajax: ok

A few minutes later I heard a knock at the door and when I opened the door it was Ajax

"hi you called?" he said leaning against the door frame

"Come in," I said grabbing his wrist

"Woah what's wrong? did i do something?" he said

"no, it's just I think I encountered someone who was involved with my brother's kidnapping"

"Who?" he said sitting down on the couch

"his name is Scaramouche and hes in my plant science class but he wasn't in class today. after both my classes were over I went to a bulletin board and he was standing there" I said sitting down next to him

"what was he doing?" he said pulling me close to him

"I don't know i was focused on the fact that some idiot put an ad for a magic show over aethers missing poster" I muttered

"that's dumb," he said

"ya but I said something out loud and he responded to me and the weird part is that he said"I'm sorry about your brother," I said looking up at him

he was quiet for a few beats and then said "hm that's weird. maybe we should do something to get your mind off that? maybe a movie?"

"Sure," I said

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just realized Scaramouche never really spoke to Lumine so I decided to have the two interact -bunny ૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა