Oh shit, the crocs are sentient

Fritz Harbor worked as one of the many zookeepers for the Cincinnati Zoo, cleaning and feeding the crocodile enclosures. It was his dream job ever since he'd watched The Crocodile Hunter as a kid, enthralled at Steve Irwin and the prehistoric reptiles. He still loved it; it's just that crocodile wrangling wasn't as glamorous as he'd hoped. Harbor cleaned his mud-caked pants more often than he'd liked.

Today, he was up for the next cleaning schedule, his partner Milton busy scrolling through Twitter and looking at the new "Pokemon" on his break. Fritz didn't blame him - he'd seen a red-black zebra croc on one of his late-night scrolls. It made him wonder what'd happen if their own animals were like that.

Nudging the gate open with his elbow, the young man hefted the buckets up and trudged up the safe stairs. As he leaned over to throw fish into the enclosure, his foot slipped on the wet concrete.

At that moment he knew it was over, his gut winding up like an anaconda. Fritz could only squeeze his eyes shut as the crowd outside screamed.

He'd landed in the muddy water with a "kr-schoom". He couldn't see it, but he could feel the beady eyes of the crocodiles as they lumbered towards the water. Crocodiles are different from other predators in how they're 200 million years old. Fritz accepted his death at this point. They're opportunistic predators. Humans don't scare them.

I think I see light- why's it so bright though?

A harsh yank on his uniform snapped him out of it. Water dragged the rest of him down but the force on his back was stronger. Fritz was thrown up back into the safe-zone, where Milton scrambled to pull him through the edge.

How did - Milton gulped in air and turned back to the enclosure.

In the place of one of the American crocodiles was a bulky form, standing on two legs and hunched over the other crocodiles, snapping and roaring. The scales on the back sharpened into spikes and the dark green-yellow hide before was swapped out for an almost archaic mossy black. The saltwater crocodiles behind it shuffled back, whimpering with a ray-gun sound that baby crocodiles made.

"Holy shit, they can evolve now?!"

BBC (World) @BBCWorld

Arceus visits Vatican City, discusses Pokemon and allows same-sex marriage

10:00 AM - Jan. 19, 2022 - SocialFlow

10.3k Retweets - 5.9k Quote Tweets - 14k Likes

LGBTQ+ Association @LGBTQsupport

We here at the national LQBTQ support association agree with this message!

Ontario Christian's Association @OntarioChurch

Our sincerest apologies for homosexual people wronged by Christian hypocrisy. Remember, "Love thy neighbor, as thyself." - Matthew 22:39

Miru-chan (they/them) @miru_chan69