Chapter 2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A FEW WEEKS AGO

Yuji
" Shoko! Another one of those portals appeared at the school's gate, and it hasn't disappeared for two hours now."

Nobara
"I heard the news, and it's like that all over the city, and I even heard from my folks that it's happening in the countryside too."

Yaga
" This is all so sudden, and we don't even know the cause of this weird phenomenon. We don't  have a way of knowing what these things are. On top of that, Gojo was sealed, and Mioko has been MIA, I hope they're okay for now."

They all sighed, looking really tired.

The portal that Mioko went through was notably the start of their appearance in Japan. After she went through that portal, they popped up all over the country, starting from Shibuya and moving to the countryside. Shoko has been analyzing them with the help of Yuji, Nobara, and Megumi under the directions of principal Yaga. The portals were just appearing for a few minutes and then closing, so whenever they got calls about a sighting, they were almost always too late, so they haven't learned much

A week later, the portals were still appearing randomly in different places, but they wouldn't disappear as fast as when they first appeared anymore, so Shoko got to analyze them more.

*AT THE PORTAL NEAR JUJUTSU TECH GATE

Nobara
"Hey, Yuji! Quit playing before you get sucked in there or something."

Yuji
" Relax, it's not gonna suck me in, it's not even a vacuum or anything right, Shoko?"

Shoko
"Yeah. We still don't know much about them, though, so you should still be careful."
Yuji put his hand in the gate, and his face then formed an expression of perplexity. He then took his hand out. Shoko, Nobara, and Megumi turned to look at him when they heard the sound of water dripping to the floor.

Yuji
" Is that water? It tastes salty. What exactly is on the other side of this thing."

Shoko
" Yuji! Why did you put your hand in there? That's dangerous. Are you alright?"

Yuji
"Yes, I'm fine, but there's sea water in that thing, yet it's not pouring out. It really must be a portal. I never thought those things existed, but then again, I used to think the same thing about curses.

Megumi
" Yuji, you are so careless. If Mioko was here, you wouldn't even think about doing that."

Yuji
" Oh, shut up! Megumin." He barked

Nobara
" Guys, we have to go make a report today since we've found a bunch of new information this week."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoko
" The conclusion of this meeting on the mysterious portals is that these portals first appeared after a certain amount of time while the Shibuya incident was happening. They kept on appearing after that in different places, at first for a few minutes, but now for hours or even days. Based on our  data from witnesses and testimonies, we can infer that these portals lead to some other dimension of sorts."

Yaga
" You all make a great team. You've uncovered so much in a span of a month."

Nobara
"We do make a pretty good team, don't we." She smiled.

The door to the room flung open, and Panda stood outside, panting and out of breath.

Panda
" There... bad news! there's been a report of curses flooding Japan and reeking havoc everywhere, it's... like they're on a rampage.