Part-29

Chapter 29

"Do this again and Find another way to do this case, this one is not the best"

She said holding the file out for me.

"And I want the report by morning".

At this, something inside me went off and I said "What do you think I am?"

_____________

She raised an eyebrow at me, asking me to explain "Do I not look like a human?"

"What do you mean?" She asked calmly. "What I mean is that I'm not a machine, which can work 24/7 although I'm quite sure that not even a machine is capable of working 24/7" I half yelled.

"Everyone knows that a surgeon's job can be demanding, if you can't handle the heat you shouldn't have become a surgeon"

"I know how demanding being a surgeon can be. But it's not about the damn job, it's about you and how you want to break me for some unknown reason, what wrong have I even done to you that you're doing all of this?"

At this point tears were streaming down my face.

Dr.Wilson was looking at me emotionlessly. "Congratulations Dr.Wilson you've succeed. You broke me, I give up" I said and went out of her office "Riley, What's wrong?" Anna asked worriedly.

But I ignored her and went straight to terrace. I sat in a corner and cried my heart out. As I was sobbing I felt arms wrap around me, I looked up and saw it was Dr.Wilson. 

"Are you happy now? This is what you wanted right? You've achieved it now go away"I tried to push her away from me, but her grip only tightened around me. At last, I stopped and my grip on her tightened "I hate you, I hate you so much" I continued to cry hugging her.

I opened my eyes and realized that I fell asleep. "Are you awake?" A voice asked softly.

I immediately sat up straight and realized that I fell asleep hugging Dr.Wilson. My cheeks got crimson red. Hopefully, she won't notice it as it's night.

"It's seems that you were really tired, as you fell asleep crying" she said.

"I-I'm sorry for that". Neither of us said anything else.

"For how long was I asleep?" I asked.

"Not for long, don't worry" she said.

There was an unusual softness in her voice, which I couldn't understand.

After a few minutes, she said "You should go and sleep, I've a surgery in a while I can't stay much longer".

"It's okay, I'll assist" I said, it's my mistake I shouldn't have snapped at her. I knew this job can be demanding but I still decided to do it so I shouldn't snap at my boss just because I can't handle the work load.

"Someone else will assist me, don't worry about it and go get some sleep" she said cupping my cheek and went downstairs. Did it really happened? I'm not dreaming, right? I pinched myself to check. "Oww" definitely not dreaming.

Not knowing what else to do I went to On-call room to get some sleep.