Prologue

Everyone in the kingdom were excited and we're getting dolled up for the party at the castle. The King had announced that there would be ball open for all to celebrate the birthday of the Queen. The evening got darker early that day. The sky was totally black. Not even a small star was seen. It went unnoticed by everyone as they cared more about the ball taking place that night.

At the Ball

The Great King Choi Seungho and his Queen Choi Nabi sat at the throne with their sons. They were engaged in greeting the other kings and queens of the kingdom. Then came commander Cho with his wife and daughter. Greeting the King and Queen.

"Good evening your highness. Thank you for inviting us to the ball" said the commander kneeling on one leg

"Good evening Commander Seojun we are very much pleased to have you here with us today" said the king standing up to hug the male smiling

"Oh what a lovely daughter you have!" Exclaimed the queen looking at the little girl tugging at her mother's dress from behind

"What's your name sweetheart?" She asked looking at the girl

"Y-Yeonse" said the girl peeking from behind her mother

"Such a beautiful name you have there . Our Seungcheol would definitely love to play with" said the queen looking at her younger son "Right Seungcheo- " the queen was cut off by the commotion taking place at the back of the ball room

A soldier in charge came to the king and informed that there were intruders who are seen using dark powers.

"Evacuate the ball room. Send all the women and children to a safer place and ask all the higher ranks to catch the intruders " said the king standing up and pulling out his sword to fight.

The commander also pulled out his sword and guided the queen and his family to a safer.

As he was guiding them a man dressed in black with cloth covering his face came from the behind trying to stab the commander. The commander reflexively stopped the attack with his sword defeating the man in no time .

Another man behind the commander trying to kill him was stabbed by the queen. There came more similar men towards them.

The queen used her immense absorption power to wipe out the intruders as much as possible .

After wiping out half of the population of the intruders the queen was out of mana resulting in lose of balance. The commander's wife caught the queen as she was going to fall to ground.

The intruders took the chance to kill the queen. One of them aimed a arrow full of dark venom towards the queen.

The commander and the King who were busy fighting noticed the arrow being shot towards the queen and ran to save her .

The little girl next to queen noticed it too late and screamed out of fear and closed her eyes.

She then heard the screams and cries of her mother.As she opened her tears started rolling down her eyes as she saw her father lying down with the arrow deep inside his heart.

Everyone then got silenced by the arrow hitting the commander.

The intruders who shot the arrow realising that he was the only surviving escaped from the place.

Cho Aera the commander's wife fell next to her husband crying. Their daughter standing next to them with reddened eyes.

"Do not cry Aera , t-take care of Yeon se and my m-mother while I'm not ther-re with y-you . I am sorry that I have to leave you here. P-please be strong-gand do not worry over me." Said the commander tears running down his eyes watching his daughter and wife crying in grief.

"C-come here my love." He said calling his only daughter

"T-take care of your m-mother as I won't be there with you. Don't give her trouble and listen to her l-like a good girl you are." He said holding their hands

"Don't leave me papa." Said the girl crying

"I-im not leaving my love , I am just going to rest for a while. Your papa is very tired from fighting and needs some rest. Have this till I come back to see you. You have to return it to me when you see me again. Promise me you will." Said the commander giving her a chain with a locket.

"P-promise" said the girl

The commander then turned towards the king.

"Y-tour highness please do me a favour. Please take care of my family while I am not there for me."

"I will Seojun, this is the least I could do for you. You have sacrificed your life for my family and this kingdom. I will not let this kingdom and its people forget about you and your sacrifice. I will surely look after your family. I promise you my friend." Said the king crying and hugging his best friend who had sacrificed for him.

The commander smiled for the last time leaving everyone.

"You can finally rest now dear." Said Aera closing the eyes of her husband.

__________________________________

After 5 days

The news of the queen passing was spread throughout the kingdom. The queen had passed away due to immense loss of mana the other day. The was in a critical condition and was kept under the observation of the physicians. But they could not save her.

Cries of people could be heard every where in the kingdom. The people of Cecil loved their king and his family like their own. Now that their Queen who was with them during their hardships and needs has left they cannot do anything but grieve.

The King became a lonely soul. Not being able to take care of his sons he sent them to the place of his most trusted friend the kingdom of Zielle.

As he promised his bestfriend the commander's wife was appointed as the Head Housekeeper of the castle. The King took care of all the necessities and needs of the family.

__________________________________