Carolina

A tapestry unfolds, weaving a timeless space,
In fate's orchestra, two souls entwine by the moon's grace.

Amidst four monochromatic walls painted in black, an artist imbued his canvas, his fingers gracefully staining the parchment with each stroke. He was a skilled artist, distinctly different from others around the globe.

Art sought the voice of the heart, yet he remained indifferent to every emotion within. He drew scenes that pleased his eyes-whether a dried leaf, a budding flower, or pups at play-but avoided anything that stirred his heart. He treated his heart as if it didn't exist.

Engrossed in his art, he didn't fail to notice the knocks at the door, knowing exactly who it was.

Setting aside his brushes, he wiped his hands with a piece of cloth after permitting the person on the other side to enter the room.

Draping his black cloak, which a while ago, hung on one corner of the table beside the large window to the right of the door leading to the balcony, he settled onto the sofa where he had been painting a beautiful flower on the blank canvas named Carolina. It symbolized passionate emotions, though the artist himself remained devoid of feelings.

"Your Majesty," the beta who entered the room bowed to the king. Acknowledging the gesture of respect, the Alpha gestured for him to continue as he rested one arm on an armrest and another on the backrest of the sofa. Bowing once more, the beta proceeded, "Your Majesty, the people of Aylin wish to catch sight of their King. During his Majesty's absence for a few months to address the rogue attacks in the Sapphire pack, the people of Aylin have been deeply concerned about his whereabouts."

"I'll meet them tomorrow afternoon. Let them know early in the morning," he stated. Though alphas often appeared nonchalant and ruthless, the King of Moonshadow Territory was different.

He cared for his people, ensuring all had necessities. The citizens of Eclipse, especially those from Aylin, respected and loved him dearly. While others respected and loved him, the people of Aylin adored him, their love was unmatched.

They knew it was normal for their King to be on long voyages, but having a glimpse and making sure that he was alright while examining him with their own eyes was their topmost priority.

"I'll take my leave then," the beta bowed, turning to leave after a nod from the King Alpha.

Just as he was about to open the door, the Alpha stopped him.

"Commander Ryan," he called. Ryan turned around, waiting for the Alpha to speak. King Alex stood and approached the commander, hands resting on his back.

"Where's Elara? Haven't seen her since I returned," he asked the commander.

"Your Majesty, Princess Elara is in the left wing of the castle," the commander informed.

"This late? Isn't she aware of my arrival?" the Alpha inquired.

"Princess said she wasn't tired and couldn't sleep. She knows of his Majesty's arrival," Commander Ryan replied, earning a nod from the King.

"You can go now," the King said before walking towards the window, which allowed the moonlight to join the flambeaus situated in each corner of the room.

He stared at the full moon that added to the beauty of the night sky. While others found it serene and beautiful, the King of Eclipse found it deceiving, vicious, and vile. He hated the moon passionately and it was a secret known by him and people who he trusted.

"Don't stare at that thing for too long. Contain your anger, or you'll either burn the moon or yourself," his wolf, Aiden, spoke in his head, prompting him to close his eyes.