A1 C8: Spotlight

The entrance to the sports arena opened at 8:00 every day. Early the next morning, the area outside was already packed with people, forming a long queue. Xi Nian parked his car on the side of the road and entered through the athletes' passage. He took off his sunglasses to glance at the dense crowd, noticing that most of them were fans of Su Ge.

The tickets for the second round of elimination matches had been almost sold out since the presale began, and if the organizers hadn't privately distributed some internal tickets, fans of other contestants probably wouldn't have been able to get in.

Eliminated players had the right to watch the matches. Although Su Ge had been knocked out, he could still sit in the designated area reserved for artists by the organizers to continue watching the games. Occasionally getting some camera time was a sure win for him. In other words, Xi Nian would see him today.

The sky was overcast in the morning, with dark clouds gathering overhead as if it was going to rain. Some fans deliberately waited near special entrances, hoping to meet their idols. A girl with twin ponytails got accidentally pushed to the back of the line by the crowd. While uniformed security guards were busy maintaining order, they inevitably used some force. In the chaos, the girl was pushed from behind and almost fell onto the road. Suddenly, a strong force pulled her back by her arm.

"Ah!"

Li Xixi hadn't recovered from the shock when she felt someone grabbing her arm. Leveraging the other person's strength, she managed to stabilize herself. Before she could clearly see the person's face, she hastily apologized, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I wasn't standing firm just now, thank you..."

Her words were cut off when she saw the man in sunglasses in front of her.

As a qualified fan, not only did she need to know everything about her idol, but she also had to be observant of her surroundings. Li Xixi, as a key member of Su Ge's fan support group, had honed this skill to perfection. Even with Xi Nian wearing sunglasses, she recognized him instantly with her remarkable ability.

It was understandable, after all, they had clashed just yesterday...

Li Xixi wished she could disappear on the spot. Oh my God, could this be any more awkward?

Xi Nian had no fondness for Su Ge or his fans. He looked at his wrist being tightly grabbed by the girl, furrowed his brows slightly, and said in a low voice, "Let go."

"Ah? Oh, okay."

Upon hearing this, Li Xixi lowered her head, realizing she was still holding onto Xi Nian's arm. Reacting as if she had been electrocuted, she quickly pulled her hand back, feeling extremely embarrassed and blushing. Before she could decide what to say, the man had already turned around and headed towards a special entrance, quickly disappearing behind the revolving door, looking indifferent and somewhat unapproachable.

Li Xixi was stunned for a moment and unconsciously sniffed the air, detecting a faint medicinal smell.

A companion not far away was waving at her through the crowd, "Xixi! Come over here, they're about to check tickets!"

"Ah? I'm coming!"

Recovered from her daze, Li Xixi quickly responded, bending down to pick up a blue paper bag she had dropped earlier, dusting off the dirt on it, and then rushing back to rejoin the queue.

Her companion glanced at her, "Where were you just now? I've been looking for you."

Li Xixi vaguely replied, "I got pushed out just now, almost fell flat on my face. Luckily, the gift box I prepared for Su Ge wasn't damaged."