Chapter 52: A Week Later:

A week later.

Kate stepped out of the sitting room of the palace, breathing heavily as she thought back to the moment on the hunt when James was so close that he tried to help her hold her rifle. 

Or the longing stares in the garden at Aubry Hall before Elijah stopped them. 

Or the moment in one of the many rooms at Aubry Hall where he almost kissed her. 

She took out her fan, fanning herself as she felt an emotion she did not know how to describe. It was not even a feeling that she knew she should be feeling. She stopped fanning herself for a moment when the doors opened, and James walked into the room she was in. He was heading to the door behind her, where Lady Florence, Lady Danbury, Lady Mary, and Edwina were with the queen. Kate stared at him as he tried his hardest not to look at her.

"Miss Sharma." He made himself look at her as he walked by her. Both of them reached out to their pinkies, but they did not touch them.

"Earl Hanover. We thought perhaps you'd not be joining us." Queen Charlotte said in the other room as Kate tried to keep her composure.

"Your Majesty. Nothing could keep me from my beautiful bride." James said, walking over to kiss Edwina's hand as he bowed to the queen.

Kate moved to watch the scene through the door as Lady Danbury looked at the girl. She nodded at Kate, who took a long, deep breath to brace herself to walk into the room.

The Bridgerton Estate.

"Does he have the intention of courting her?" Francesca asked as she sat next to her mother, looking over to Eloise and Elijah, who talked about the books they had read. 

Instead of going to the palace with his brother and aunt, Elijah arrived at the Bridgerton house, hoping to enjoy his day better than discussing wedding plans. Violet, of course, let him in, hoping he would be a potential suitor for Eloise.

"I do not know... But he would seem to be a wonderful match." Violet smiled a bit, watching Eloise enjoying a discussion with a gentleman for once.

Meanwhile, Anthony laid his head on Evelina's stomach as she ran her fingers through his hair. The two of them had yet to get out of bed that morning. Evelina had not slept well since she woke up nearly a week ago. But neither has Anthony. 

He worried so much about her that he started doing his business in their room since the doctors suggested that Evelina should not do much, worried for the safety of her and the baby.

The palace.

"Now, tell me of your wedding plan. There is no talk of a special license, I would hope." Queen Charlotte said to them as Kate looked over to James, who was already looking at her before he turned to look back at the queen.

"Of course not, Your Majesty," Mary said as she chuckled, along with Lady Danbury and Edwina.

"I believe a modest family affair would be most fitting. Perhaps back in the country, at the Chateau." James suggested to the queen.

"In the country?" Charlotte asked before chuckling. "No, that will not do. You must have it here in town. In fact, I shall host the nuptials myself... and my darling daughter, the Viscountess Bridgerton." Charlotte added as Mary gasped at the queen's words while Edwina smiled and laughed happily.