- The Winged Hero Who Never Learned How To Fly. -

(tw: eventual major death, death, betrayal, heroes and villains, panic attack, crying, pulling hair, faking, hostages, major dislike towards villains, celebration of a villain's death, BEWARE.)

Acting was always a speciality for this hero, and he used it to cover up one of his massive flaws.

He had wings,

But he couldn't fly.

And it's not because his wings are too small, or too frail and weak, none of that.

He simply never learned, because nobody taught him.

They expected him to just magically learn, as they always do.

And who was he to go against their expectations? He couldn't confess he didn't know, he couldn't get lessons!

Everything he did was public!

So, faking it was the only option.

Wilbur was a popular Hero, he was one of the only ones who had wings and could use them!

At least, he claimed to be able to, but nobody ever saw him use them..

People guessed that the Hero could, simply because he would appear on the largest buildings in the city, his large, deep brown owl's wings that were always adorned with the most beautiful decor most of the citizens had ever seen.

Women swooned,
Men stared,
Children pointed,
And Villains glared.

Wilbur was a very good hero, using the advantage of knowing how to glide to surprise the Villains from behind, or just landing on top of them and tackling them.

He managed what the others couldn't, he was amazing!

He didn't feel amazing.

Today, we can find him trying to just walk through the streets and being swarmed.

“ Please- I'm not looking for attention, I'm just trying to get to the store! ” He pleads.

“ Can I touch your wings!? ”
“ How are you faring the threats coming from Dream!? ”
“ Are you going to protect us? ”

“ Guys, Please! No, Don't touch my wings. I'm going to protect you guys, Yes, And how I'm faring the threats is none of your business! Just please, I'm starving! ”

“ Oh my lord, You're so amazing, and hot, and caring, and oh my! ”
“ Get away, Lori! He's mine!!! ”
“ No! he's fucking mine your fucking BIMBOS! ”
“ GET HERE YOU SKANK!!! ”

“ Oh my days, Go away! I'm none of yours, Please!! ” Wilbur pleaded, his wings expanding slightly, trying to get people away from him. He felt so uncomfortable, but these citizens refused to leave him alone.

Girls only swooned further.

The men simply laughed, encouraging their children.

Wilbur wanted to cry.

Finally entering the store and breathing a sigh of relief, Wilbur stood against the wall for a second.
Taking a moment to steady his breathing, Wilbur cracked open his eyes to see the cashier staring at him in wonder.

He shot a pleading 'leave me alone' look towards them and, thank god for Wilbur, they simply nodded and resumed work.

Taking one last deep breath, he began to shop.

Grabbing the basics, like milk, vegetables, regular food etc etc, Wilbur slowly made his way through the shop, ending with a pretty full basket.

He smiled as he grabbed a milkshake and some candy, mentally noting what he got.