Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter Five

Chapter Five

The last time I was this nervous, I was standing in front of a crowd talking about Logan. Kyle helped me through the speech when I couldn't hold the tears back, and now when I need his support I can't ask for it.

It's the universe telling me this is a terrible idea, but I choose to ignore it.

"Are you almost ready to leave?" Mum pokes her head into my room and smiles.

I jump away from the mirror and grab my ballet flats from my wardrobe. She steps into the room and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Is this the same Blake you like?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Yes," I sheepishly admit.

"So you're hanging out?"

"We're running lines together because we're both in the drama play. He's the prince while I have the understudy role for the princess."

"Hm, right." She slowly nods.

"What's the supposed to mean?"

She raises her eyebrows and chuckles.

"Just message me if you need picking up earlier. Your father and I decided to stay in for dinner instead of going out."

"Okay, thanks." I nod.

I grab my handbag from the bed and follow Mum to the car. She hums to a pop song on the radio as we drive to Blake's house.

The nerves only hit once we're outside his house and I'm climbing out of the car.

"Just remember to call if you need picking up."

"Thanks, I will." I force a smile.

"Do you have your phone?" I pull it from my back pocket and wave it in front of her. "Fully charged as well."

"Okay, have fun!"

I close the door and take a deep breath. There's nothing to be nervous about, we're just two friends hanging out and reading lines. I wander to the not-so-secret gate and flick the latch open. Gravel crunches under my shoes as I follow the pathway down to the granny flat.

I knock on the door and a few seconds later, Blake opens the door with a screaming London in his arms. He changes the position he's holding her, but it doesn't soothe her.

"She's been screaming like this for twenty minutes. I've changed her nappy, tried her on a dummy and a bottle but nothing will stop her from crying."

"How about a bath? I think it's supposed to remind them of the womb? Or you could try swaddling her?"

"London doesn't like to be swaddled, so I'll try her in the bath."

"Do you want some help?" I offer.

"Are you sure that's okay?"

"Of course." I nod.

We go upstairs and Blake passes London to me. I cuddle her to my chest and gently rock her, which somewhat soothes London. Blake frantically runs the bath and searches for a clean washcloth and towel.

Once there's a bit of water in the bathtub, I place London on the changing mat and undress her. I throw the nappy in the bin and her pink outfit into the washing basket beside the bathroom door.

"Is the bath ready?"

"Yeah, it should be okay now."

Blake steps aside and I kneel beside the bath and slowly lower her into the warm water. Her eyes go wide, then her cries turn into whimpers. London seems to enjoy floating in the water.

icon lock

Show your support for Stephy, and continue reading this story

by Stephy
@xFakingaSmilex
Sometimes we keep secrets because we know the truth will hurt more, b...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 32 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @xFakingaSmilex.