Chapter 1: Welcome

I arrived home from work, exhausted as usual. I hung up my coat on the coat hanger and finally removed my pinchy shoes, then sat at my computer desk for some much needed Me-Time...which I spent watching fails on YouTube. Laughter is truly the best medicine. But then in the middle of one video, I was rudely interrupted with a knock at the door. I paused it, got up and opened the door but found no one there.

"Hello?" I called. No response.

I shrugged but just as I was about to close it, I saw a small package at my feet. I picked it up and examined it. "Huh...no return address." I muttered as I stepped back inside.

Of course I opened it, and found a weird VR headset looking thing in it.

I shrugged again as I put it on. What's the worst that could happen?

***

"There's Gangle, and Zooble, and Kinger, too. Then Ragatha, Jax, and Kaufmo. Woohoo~."

That was the first thing I heard as I shot awake and was immediately blinded by bright colors.

"Day after day after day after day after day we fly. Past the moon and the sun and we don't know whyyyy."

I sat up and saw all sorts of people standing around, looking like they couldn't wait for the song to end. One of them was made completely out of ribbon and was wearing a comedy masked, another was made completely out of shaped and looked pretty ticked off about something, it was then I noticed the smirk on the tall purple rabbit next to her. Yeah, he was definitely the trouble maker. He then got scolded by a Raggedy Anne doll. I looked to my left and saw a King Chess piece standing there like a statue, it looked like he was zoning out, and next to him was a clown, who was watching the rabbit and doll fight with an amused expression.

Where the heck was I?

Well, Whatever VR game this was I loved it. It all felt so real, even the bubble floating next to a pair of flying dentures, I reached out my hand to touch it when-*chomp!*

"AUGH!!" I screamed, clutching my hand in pain. The bubble just bit me! "WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?"

"You touched my butt." The bubble replied.

"I didn't know that was your- wait...why am I feeling pain? This is a VR game, that's not supposed to-"

"Well! Well! Well!" The pair of teeth exclaimed, causing me to look up and find everyone staring at me. "It looks like another human has entered this realm!"

"Yay another sucker. And a horny one too." The purple rabbit commented, causing me to glare at him.

"Im not horny." I retorted. "I didn't even know the bubble had a butt."

"And yet you thought that was the best place to touch him."

"I wasn't thinking! I-"

"Sure~"

"Jax don't be mean." The rag doll said with an eye roll. "Ignore him, he can be a bit of a..." she looked like she was struggling to find the right words without offending him, so I decided to help.

"Pain in the butt?" I finished.

"Yeah."

Jax put a hand on his chest in mocked offense.

"Well, what might your name be?" The pair of teeth asked me.

"I'm- ...my name is...um...What is my name?? Why can't I remember my name?" I asked, starting to get an uneasy feeling.

"Nobody can remember their name once they enter the Digital Circus!"

I stared at him. Was I really trapped here?

"Let's pick you out a new name!" The teeth exclaimed. Some lottery machine suddenly appeared with a bunch of random letters on it that were spinning.

"How does 'Isndjcg' sound?"

"No."

"You're right! Spinning again!...how about (Y/n)?"

(Y/n)...that had a nice ring to it. "Sure that's fine." I replied.

"It's settled then! Now let me introduce you to the gang!" He spun me around pointed to the ribbon. "That there's Gangle." He pointed to the chess piece. "That's Kinger." He pointed to the shapes. "And there's Zooble." He pointed to the rag doll. "And that's Ragatha." He pointed to the rabbit. "that's Jax." He pointed to the clown. "And there's Kaufmo!"

I waved awkwardly. "Nice to meet you all." I said nervously.

"Nice to meet you, too!" Ragatha said happily.

"Debatable." Jax muttered, smirking.

I already got a bad taste in my mouth from that guy.

"Now how about we do an adventure for the newbie?" Caine asked.

Yay chapter is FINALLY complete. Your gonna love the first adventure