Chapter 3: Pie

I was rudely awoken the following morning by Caine's voice announcing it was time to get up and have another one of his "adventures". I was wide awake by now, remembering everything that happened yesterday.

"So it wasn't a dream." I said aloud, shocked that I was really trapped here. Someone knocked on the door, making me jump.

"Come on, (Y/n)! Time to wake up and seize the day!" Caine exclaimed on the other side of my door. Instead I buried myself in my blanket, ignoring him.

"Allow me." Said another voice outside that made my stomach drop. A second later I screamed as my door was kicked open by non other than Jax.

"What are you- AUGH!!" I screamed as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder and began walking to the main room.

"Put me down!" I exclaimed.

"No."

"Put. Me. Down."

"No."

"Put me down right now!"

"Fine."

"Really?"

"No."

I growled. "Put me down right now or I'll bite your buttocks!" I threatened. "I'm in range!"

He then proceeded to throw me onto the ground and I landed with a hard. Oomph!

"There, I obeyed you. My butt is safe and you're free." He smirked.

"Good morning, (Y/n)!" Caine said as he appeared in front of me before I could strangle the rabbit. "How was your first night in the Digital Circus?"

"It was ok, it just took me a while to-"

"Great to hear!" He exclaimed, interrupting me. "I have a new activity planned for you all and it's gonna be a doozy!"

"Oh no." I muttered.

"It's a...PIE BAKING CONTEST!"

All my fear was suddenly gone, I loved baking! And I was an expert at it so there was almost no chance of me losing.

He snapped his fingers and six baking stations suddenly appeared and we were all wearing aprons.

"But there's a twist," He continued. "You will be making your pie for whoever's name is in the envelope at your station! And your score will be based on what they think of it."

I looked around nervously, the dread feeling coming back.

Please don't be Jax. I thought.

"You all have until this hourglass runs out!" Caine said, making a large hourglass appear in thin air. "You start...now!"

We all ran off to our stations and I opened my envelope to find it was the person whom I did not want. Jax.

I looked over at him to see him gathering different ingredients, but then our eyes met and he grinned mischievously. "What's the matter, tuts? Do you not like the person you got?"

"Shut up, banana head." I growled.

I got out the items I would need to help make the pie, and I had decided on making a blueberry one since it was my favorite. But I wanted to add something that would get revenge for yesterday, and a few ideas came to mind. Thank you Kaufmo.
He had told me yesterday of not only several hundred jokes, but some good physical comedy.

"Hey, Caine?" I asked.

"Yes, (Y/n)? Do you need something?"

"Yeah, I was wondering if I could have..." I whispered the rest to him in case Jax was eavesdropping.

"Um...not sure why you would need that for a pie, but ok!" He said, making a box appear with the stuff I needed.

I took it with a quick 'thanks' and got to work on my evil plan.

***

"Aaaaand times up!" Caine announced once the hourglass was empty. "Time to give them to your person!"

We all gave them to the person we got and then sat down at our tables, ready to taste. Gangle had gotten me and hers was delicious. I ended up giving her a 9/10. I looked over to Jax whenever he was about to taste it, when a boxing glove burst out of it and punched him in the face, making him fall backwards.

"AUGH- WHAT-!? (Y/N), WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!?" He cried.

"Revenge." I replied simply, grinning.

Everyone's eyes were as wide a dinner plates, they looked as if they had just found out someone just spilled the beans about planning to assassinate me.

"Well tuts, if it's a war you want, you've got one." Jax threatened, trying to wipe off the blueberry filling, but failing.

"Good, I could use the action." I replied.

***

Me and Jax didn't talk to each other for the rest of the day, completely ignoring the other. When it was time to turn in for the night Ragatha stopped me, looking nervous.

"Hi, (Y/n), right?" She asked.

"Yep." I replied. "What's up?"

"Why did you have to start a war with him?"

"Because he sacrificed me to a gorilla."

"No, (Y/n), you don't know what you're getting into. When you prank him, he will get you back 10 times worse. Trust me."

"I think I'll be fine." I smiled, closing the door to my room.

Little did I know I would not be fine.

Hope you enjoyed